Notices

Eye opening article re: narcissism

Old 10-15-2017, 05:12 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Eye opening article re: narcissism

https://www.psychologytoday.com/arti...what-you-think

That is a link to what I found to be very helpful information to me to explain about narcissism and how being on the spectrum isn't necessarily cause for panic; I've read and researched on this subject for weeks and what I've turned up is actually depressing to me, sometimes feeling confused and being negative. I've posted in another forum about my concerns as a spouse, assuming my partner is a narcissist.

I definitely know I have to be careful to not "diagnose" and make assumptions because, as quoted from the article in the link above, "True pathological narcissism has always been rare and remains so: It affects an estimated 1 percent of the population, and that prevalence hasn't changed demonstrably since clinicians started measuring it."
Old 10-24-2017, 09:00 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I definitely know I have to be careful to not "diagnose" and make assumptions because, as quoted from the article in the link above
When he wrote the "Big Book", Alcoholics Anonymous, in the 1930's, Bill Wilson describes the alcoholic as self-centered in the extreme, selfish, with enormous self will. I heard another recovering alcoholic call it the "M&M" disease: me and more. But when the alcoholic puts down the drink and gets active in recovery, those character defects can be brought under control thanks to the 12 Steps and recovery.