SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Mental Health (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/mental-health/)
-   -   I feel so power less (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/mental-health/413377-i-feel-so-power-less.html)

Frank707 07-26-2017 03:25 PM

I feel so power less

I am having wife problems and feel so powerless. And anxiety , she does understand how i feel i wanted to end it 4 days ago but. I dont want to do that i just feel so helpless with her attitude and negativity of not wanting to fixed things between us i dont kno what to do

Astro 07-27-2017 05:16 AM

Welcome Frank. I'm assuming you joined us on SR for a reason, we usually don't land here by mistake. Many of us have relationship difficulties in recovery and we find support and answers here. Please stick around, share your story, and gain experience from others.

RDBplus3 07-27-2017 05:55 AM

Step One, for me...

+ Admitted I was powerless over my addiction using (drinking, drugs)
+ Admitted (came to the realization) that my life was unmanageable.

Now that I am FREE from the addiction behavior controlling me thru working the Steps (what we really have is a daily reprieve based on the maintenance of our spiritual condition) I utilize Step One anytime I recognize 'unmanageability' or a situation or condition where I am experiencing unmanageability. Step 2, Step 3, Step 4, Step 5 help me get a perspective outside me 'being the ball' in the midst of the conflict. Then, thru applying Steps 6, 7, 8, 9 ... I am able to work thru a multitude of dynamics (there are always multiple dynamics involved). I can see if I am contributing to the conflict thru manipulation, coercion, disdain or hostility ... I can see the forces behind the scenes driving the other person, and recognize thru compassion and empathy what their perspective may be ... I can get a new perspective from the spiritual guidance of our Creator ... I can decide to NOT add to the sum total of any hostility or escalating bad feelings ... I can see new perspectives of how to communicate and possibly resolve ... and I can accept that maybe I can't 'fix' or 'solve' this completely right now ...

RDBplus3 ... The Steps REALLY WORK for me when I flexibly apply them to 'Practice These Principles In All My Affairs'

Pouncer 09-04-2017 04:56 AM

Hi Frank,

Thanks for sharing with us. I understand the feeling of not feeling supported or understood. Can you tell us more about your situation? Are you newly sober? Are you seeing a doctor for depression?

I hope you feel better; we're here if you want to talk more.

Hang in there.

PhoenixJ 09-04-2017 05:05 PM

SEE A PROFESSIONAL - for outside help. Go to meetings. See a doc. Support to you.

Flam 09-11-2017 07:42 AM

I wish you strength and patience!

tomsteve 09-11-2017 08:03 AM

have ya been sober since you registered here back in march?
if not, that could be why so many problems and how youre feeling about everything.

there IS a solution!