Notices

Meds

Old 07-11-2017, 05:33 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Kingtarquin

Meds

I once again recently quit drinking this time for good. I was having anxiety and depressive thoughts during my times when i would quit. This time I decided to go to a Doc to see what triggers my depression and anxiety. What I realized is I still have these emotions when sober then I start to drink again. Doc has diagnosed me with bi-polar 2. He has prescribed me wellbutrin and Lamictol which I began taking July 4th. Since I have began taking these meds I have felt a little anxious and confused on most days and still tired during days and semi restless at night. I have no desire to be productive whatsoever. Docs told me to be patient and wait to see if it starts working. Is this normal? I feel right now like i would after binge drinking and the hangover wore off.
Old 07-11-2017, 06:57 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

hi KT

In my experience I needed to give the meds a chance to bed in and work.

I know it's tough right now but try and keep positive.

if things aren't better in another week or two, or you think this is too much to handle why not go back and see your Dr?

D
Old 07-12-2017, 05:24 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
When I started taking meds it took weeks for them to level out to a point where I felt like I was functioning normally. It also took several dosage adjustments and I changed the time I took it so that I felt sleepy at a normal hour. It was important to allow them time to work and to communicate with my prescriber how I was progressing. I can relate to your descriptions of how it makes you feel. Hang in there and talk to your Dr.
Old 07-13-2017, 07:43 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
02.27.15 :): ▽VII△VIII

I also have bipolar 2. Lamictal worked wonders for me, but it took at least month to start to stabilize, and I still needed three other meds to stay stabilized. I also had to adjust dosages of all my meds to get them right, and things can still change. It will probably take some adjustments and a lot of patience, but when you find something that works, it can make such a difference.

Therapy is really important too because feeling better won't undo the ways of thinking and coping you've developed from living with a mood disorder.

I hope you feel better soon. PM me if you want to talk.