Notices

My 5 months of hell , could it be PAWs?

Old 03-15-2015, 08:55 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by malamute100 View Post
Thanks for your replies , in a horrible way it makes me feel not alone and better knowing other people are having the same problems . I've just been to the doctors again and he was giving me the impression I was wasting his time. He said that the alchole problems are only for the first 2 weeks after stopping and paws don't exist. Yes he said all of my symptoms are anxiety but I know paws is what I'm going through. So many people can't be wrong, so many people discuss paws , it has to be that. Today I've had a better day , first almost ok day in months I hope there's more to come . I do have extreme energy levels tho. I can see why Plure was in hospital for lack of sleep , I've had bad bouts of insomia over the last month , so bad I didn't sleep for almost a week with high depression and anxiety . I hope your sleep is better now . As for drinking I'm staying away from the stuff , im disappointed in myself for having a week of night nurse 3 weeks ago not knowing it contains alcohol . I've stopped taking it now but feel it has reset my paws healing to day 1 .. I hope not
Yes the sleep is much better now, and I don't need the sleep med as often. I do agree with others that alcohol totally messed up the GABA effectiveness in our brains and that takes time to heal.

My doc also recommended thiamine, which believe helps with rebuilding those pathways in our brains. Although still not where I want to be, I'm much better off than before. Hang in there, we can do this!
Old 03-15-2015, 11:36 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Yes I have a tube of thiamine I take Daley , I've had a better day today , not many symptoms only a few whilst in the que for a subway , I got anxitious and stressed for no reason .
Hope I can have a few more days like this . I remember a few good days about 6 weeks ago but then the paws overwhelmed me for no reason and ive been bad every day since .
Fingers crossed , at least I'm not craving a drink . I've been so bad that's the kart thing on my mind .
I read somebody's story on here last night , they too were going through the same as me , after they got better they and thought it was all over they had a glass of wine then the day after all the Paws came back and stayed back for ages .
I'm glad I've read that story as I now know alcohol is off the menu for ages and ages
Old 03-15-2015, 11:37 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Yes I have a tube of thiamine I take Daley , I've had a better day today , not many symptoms only a few whilst in the que for a subway , I got anxitious and stressed for no reason .
Hope I can have a few more days like this . I remember a few good days about 6 weeks ago but then the paws overwhelmed me for no reason and ive been bad every day since .
Fingers crossed , at least I'm not craving a drink . I've been so bad that's the kart thing on my mind .
I read somebody's story on here last night , they too were going through the same as me , after they got better they and thought it was all over they had a glass of wine then the day after all the Paws came back and stayed back for ages .
I'm glad I've read that story as I now know alcohol is off the menu for ages and ages
Old 05-19-2020, 06:26 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
VinBx

Hey Malamute, I see it's been a while since you posted on this thread. I was curious to know how your feeling now after all this time has passed. I was reading your posts and I'm 6 months sober and was experiencing very similar symptoms of yours. Hope your doing better.
Old 06-08-2020, 10:56 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by malamute100 View Post
Stress as well , I can't handle any stress even a trip to the shop my stress levels go 10 times higher than normal ! It's like my brain is actully hurting when I get stressed I have to shake my head and sit down
I would love to know how you are these days.

i have the same as you fellow PAWS warrior. Due to binging on and off heavily for 3 years.
Old 06-08-2020, 10:59 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Vindawgs View Post
Hey Malamute, I see it's been a while since you posted on this thread. I was curious to know how your feeling now after all this time has passed. I was reading your posts and I'm 6 months sober and was experiencing very similar symptoms of yours. Hope your doing better.
i like to think no news is good news
Old 06-09-2020, 04:01 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
VinBx

Hey ant

I agree, was just hoping to hear from malamute since it's been awhile. Would be comforting to hear how he feels.

All the best to you on your recovery
Old 07-04-2020, 05:02 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Hey ant

I agree, was just hoping to hear from malamute since it's been awhile. Would be comforting to hear how he feels.

Hi Vindwgs, hope you well? yes, would be good to hear from Malamute 100.I'm suffering the same and taking an antidepressant for the last 15 days now which is gradually helping. The new job also so quite stressful. more soon.
Old 07-15-2020, 12:22 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Hey ant

I read the ‘10 months in feeling like hell’ thread and malamute gave his Facebook details so naturally I stalked him to see if he is still there. He has his own business now to do with weddings and has some very positive posts so I would assume his PAWS days are gone. Let that be hope to anyone reading this as he appeared to have a terrible time with it.
Old 11-18-2020, 07:52 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  
VinBx

Originally Posted by ant385 View Post
I read the ‘10 months in feeling like hell’ thread and malamute gave his Facebook details so naturally I stalked him to see if he is still there. He has his own business now to do with weddings and has some very positive posts so I would assume his PAWS days are gone. Let that be hope to anyone reading this as he appeared to have a terrible time with it.
Hey ant

Thanks for the feedback. Thats definitely great news. Late to this post , nut I've been reading many new and old threads. I'm still pawsy. Headaches, buzzimg on the head and balance issues. 22 years of binging I guess wilI ll do it. Hop3 you r feeling better.

Carlingford hope you are doing much better. My fog is much better. It's just the buzzing and balance I'm having issues with. Still have that unwanted friend anxiety around too. All the best. Hope your better.

Vinny