Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Mental Health Issues > Mental Health
Reload this Page >

The hypomania of early sobriety and getting dumb tattoos

Notices

The hypomania of early sobriety and getting dumb tattoos

Old 10-18-2014, 10:07 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sbforever View Post
What do you think of this ?

You put that on your neck ? No I won't hire you and stay away from my daughter.
I think it's a nice clean design, inked by a competent artist. I wouldn't put one on my neck but that's my choice and not one I would want to impose on someone else. Here is my personal observation on judging by the outward appearance of a person: I worked at the parliament buildings for six years where everyone wore suits and no one showed their tattoos. The majority of the approximately 200 employees were jaded, the politicians were untrustworthy and I probably wouldn't let any of them watch my dog. Now I work for a transition house and one of my colleagues is 23, has dreadlocks, tats covering about 30% of her body, and I gave her the keys to my house when I went away for two weeks this summer. She is one of the most caring, honest, trustworthy and non judgmental people I have met on this island. There are a lot of scary things out there, but tattoos aren't one of them.
Old 10-19-2014, 02:52 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  

When I was a little kid, maybe 2 or 3 I started associating heavily tattooed people as turtles. I remember being in the mall in my stroller when this started. And saing mom look turtle people.

I still do to this day.

Old 10-19-2014, 04:24 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

And that's your choice. Have a great week.
Old 10-19-2014, 04:33 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Islandgrr I agree. Don't judge a book by its cover. Some of the most stand up people I've known didn't measure up to societal standards when it comes to appearance.
Old 10-19-2014, 05:54 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  
Administrator

yes, I think everybody's had their fun...it's starting to get ranty and discourteous now. Rule 4 doesn;t mention tattoos specifically but it's clearly a lifestyle choice.

4. No Flaming: Posting of any content with the intention of disrupting the forum or inflaming members-be it on someone's person, religious beliefs, race, national background, sexual orientation, or recovery program. This includes flaming, flame baiting, registration of multiple accounts or impersonation of another member. Do not Harass, threaten, embarrass or cause distress or discomfort upon another Online Forum participant. This includes flaming on our forums or other public forums.

No posts that attack, insult, "flame", defame, or abuse members or non-members. Respect other members of the community and don’t belittle, make fun of, or insult another member or non-member. Decisions about health and recovery are highly personal, individual choices. "Flaming" and insults, however, will not be tolerated. Agree to disagree. This applies to both the forums and chat.

Let's move on.

Dee
SR