Notices

Let's get real: Robin Williams

Old 08-13-2014, 04:23 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  
I got nothin'

Originally Posted by pl3bscheese View Post
You see, this is why I was so on the fence about even writing this. You attempt to bring perspective to people, and offer solutions, and you will be labeled someone without empathy and compassion. I'm not sure the people in this thread truly know what either of those things are.

Compassion is a desire to alleviate someone else's suffering. Robin Williams is not suffering. He has been released. I have put this thread together out of compassion. I try to bring perspective, and offer solutions. Most of the people don't want that around here. They want to feel down. They want ANY excuse to feel down.

This isn't about Robin Williams. This is about your own struggles and suffering. You keep projecting it onto other people and the world, and you're not going to progress.

Let's recap. I attempted to bring perspective, I stated that people are of course free to process this how they will, and I ultimately do my best to respect this. What happened here is what usually happens in online discussions. Forums have a certain vibe to them. The group decided that my writing was not okay, and so went after the messenger, and not the message.

Shame on anyone who would say I lack compassion or empathy for what I've wrote in this thread! You are only showing your own lack of care for a fellow member who was trying to help.

I'll leave this thread, but ask this question one more time: What do you imagine Robin Williams would want for you regarding his death? Do you think he'd want you to weep for him, or do you think he'd want you to remember the good times, laugh and smile throughout the rest of your days, and move on?

It's not about him. This is all about you.
Wow. Just....wow.

This thread is so obviously what it is, flames shooting out everywhere. Insults left and right, mainly in the form of condescending barbs about how we "don't get it". This does not belong in the mental health section.