Notices

Alcohol and Suicide

Old 07-12-2014, 05:02 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy Alcohol and Suicide

I relapsed on Sunday, and I drank a bottle of vodka.
I took 12 paracetemol and ended up in A&E (or the ER) on a drip and being questioned about my wellbeing.
I need help. How did things get this bad?
Old 07-12-2014, 05:17 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hello B,

I'm sorry to hear of your incident.......and I'm glad you're okay! This forum is a great place for support, but do you have a support system in place IRL?

Those dark feelings are known to most of us here; alcohol only makes matters worse by removing what little judgment we possess.

I am pulling for you. Please keep us posted.
Old 07-12-2014, 06:54 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Boudicca View Post
Hello B,

I'm sorry to hear of your incident.......and I'm glad you're okay! This forum is a great place for support, but do you have a support system in place IRL?

Those dark feelings are known to most of us here; alcohol only makes matters worse by removing what little judgment we possess.

I am pulling for you. Please keep us posted.
Thanks Boudicca.
I have a great support circle IRL. I need to keep reminding myself of this. I have my loving parents, my boyfriend (who although has suffered the most, is by my side 24/7 as my life line), and a few friends who haven't ran away and abandoned ship like most.
You are right. Alcohol makes things better for half an hour, then you take such a dip, and as we all experience, we can't stop. We want that happy feeling back and we fight for it over and over, more and more drink, until it reaches a limit and we act out. My acting out was putting my life in danger, and trying to end what a blessing of a life I have.
Sorry, I am just typing what I'm thinking! But thank you for pulling for me. I appreciate your time. I hope all is okay with you, and your journey.
Old 07-12-2014, 03:42 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm really glad you're ok too Bennevisgal

D