Notices

Frankie & Alice, a new movie about D.I.D.

Old 02-27-2014, 03:22 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Frankie & Alice, a new movie about D.I.D.

We are truly in the dark ages in regards to how we treat and view mental illness. How unfortunate that those of us who suffer and cope with mental illness are so disgraced. I know I shouldn't feel like I'm an oppressed segment of the population but I do. How do we get the word out. It almost seems like we're going backwards lately. I pray for all of us who suffer and have suffered with this.
Old 03-16-2014, 11:29 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Wow, that looks like an amazing movie to see. Thank you for pointing it out.
Old 03-17-2014, 10:43 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Kissimee54 View Post
We are truly in the dark ages in regards to how we treat and view mental illness. How unfortunate that those of us who suffer and cope with mental illness are so disgraced. I know I shouldn't feel like I'm an oppressed segment of the population but I do. How do we get the word out. It almost seems like we're going backwards lately. I pray for all of us who suffer and have suffered with this.

I have not seen this movie but I do try and get the word out about mistreatment of those accused of mental illness after my experience with psychiatric drugs and the 5150s / "Baker acts" when I was sick , having panic attacks ect ect as a result of my "medication". I saw the world behind psychiatric closed and locked doors. It takes alot of nerve to call all that "help".

I think we are going backwards also cause of the phony advocacy group called "NAMI" or National Alliance on Mental Illness. NAMI and it's goal to increase the profits of its corporate sponsors. They never ever ever speak out about drug company fraud or abuse behind locked doors but call themselves "advocates" , I cant stand them, they are soooooo dishonest !