Notices

bipolar alcoholic

Old 07-12-2013, 09:31 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

End game,
I just read this relay of posts and would like to thank you for the NYTimes post ! Also thanks to all who have posted their woes with the alcohol and/or bipolar issue.
How personally accurate to me as a Bipolar person. Helpful to me as a reminder that much of the awful experiences, both high and low, are not mine exclusively !
I will post again as my thoughts become more clear as to where I could help and with what I need help ! I am 3 weeks sober, with the beginnings of a depressive faze, or just "paws"...time will tell. But I'll be back.
Old 07-12-2013, 10:38 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  
EndGame

Originally Posted by raku View Post
End game,
I just read this relay of posts and would like to thank you for the NYTimes post ! Also thanks to all who have posted their woes with the alcohol and/or bipolar issue.
How personally accurate to me as a Bipolar person. Helpful to me as a reminder that much of the awful experiences, both high and low, are not mine exclusively !
I will post again as my thoughts become more clear as to where I could help and with what I need help ! I am 3 weeks sober, with the beginnings of a depressive faze, or just "paws"...time will tell. But I'll be back.
Very happy to know it helped. Few things are worse than believing no one else share's our suffering.
Old 07-13-2013, 05:06 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Yes ! The feeling of sharing, even if being bipolar doesn't seem like a "nice" experience,
helps !
Old 07-13-2013, 10:56 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

They do id highly reccomend 2 books .

1- "you can be happy no matter what

2- "The feeling good book " - Burns

If you are religious this book is super !!!!!!!!!!!

Joyce Myers -Battlefield of the mind . 10 stars rating .
Old 07-14-2013, 12:40 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Hi Isiah5914,

Just reading over some of the postings again... Boy you have no idea how badly I wish you to spend some time with my SOP!!! He is on the edge of letting go of alcohol... I wish you could tell him your story and share the strength it took of STOP DRINKING...
Old 11-09-2014, 12:09 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Learned my lesson

I have been in a relationship with a bipolar alcoholic for 4 1/2 years and it's been quite an emotional ride. He is a binger and goes on drinking binges for weeks at a time and gets off his meds. Says he's going to quit every time he is recovering/withdrawing, he goes to his AA meetings, goes to counseling, gets a job, saves money, then he starts all over again. i have finally told him to move out and now I am feeling angry with myself for allowing him to manipulate me for so long. I miss him, but know things will not get better unless he gets help for himself and not for me or anyone else. I feel he is going to die, as he often drinks while wondering the streets for alcohol. No telling what inappropriate things he is doing while he is out there. A friend of mine told me to run and not look back because most bipolar alcoholics don't get better. Is this really the case?

Thank you
Old 11-10-2014, 08:14 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  
dox
paradox

Learned my lessons: Take my meds. Don't drink alcohol.

Originally Posted by Thefaithfulone View Post
. . . A friend of mine told me to run and not look back because most bipolar alcoholics don't get better. Is this really the case?
Don't know about most bipolar alcoholics.

I got better.

Not saying that you shouldn't run.

We are all different.

Where did your friend get her/his information?