Notices

Borderline Personality Disorder?????????????

Old 09-24-2011, 01:55 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Originally Posted by larrylive View Post
She bit me, you wouldn't believe the bruise.

So the question is....how far will she go, it's unpredictable and I really need to sleep sometimes. The thought occured that I may wake up to an ax weilding maniac and I am not sure that's a risk I am willing to take.

Larry
Please be careful, Larry.
Old 11-03-2011, 02:50 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  
Not again

She is flaring up.

She had a hip replaced and been home for a week. I have been with her 24/7 and her attention seeking is interfering with my studies. Oops I go to school 3-4 hrs a day, so 21/7. Anyway I caught a load of grief and aggrivation today, out of the blue.

I am growing weary and need to maintain school, I fear it will just get worse when she mobile again. I dread coming home to find she's gone again.

Larry
Old 11-03-2011, 07:48 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

My mother has BPD, and she refused to get treated. She tried therapy about 30 years ago and quit because the memories were too painful. Life with her was a real roller coaster. For a long time she was very controlling and whenever my sister or I had a relationship she worked to destroy it by putting down our boyfriends/husbands. She thought she couldn't be important if we had others in our life. The last straw was when she flew into a rage because we sat at a booth in a restaurant. She doesn't like booths, you see. So she made a scene. Then when we got back to my house she threw a suitcase at the Christmas tree and shattered a lot of ornaments with my ten-year-old daughter sitting right there.

My husband threw her out and we haven't really talked since. I told her I wouldn't until she got therapy because the chaos was just too much. In her mind, she is fine. If only we would stop ticking her off, she would be fine. I just can't live like that.

So anyway. The point is, to everyone with BPD who is getting help, you are very courageous. I wish my mother would do the same I love her and wish her all the best but just like some people had to do to us when we were deep in our addiction, I had to cut it off because it was too hurtful.

I truly wish everyone the best. I don't know what it is like, but I know she struggled every second of every day with it.
Old 01-05-2012, 02:17 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  
Not again

Yup, it got worse, but I suppose I knew it was coming, Sucks loving a person with BPD. I have had to forgive some really horrible actions and attitudes. But I think it's time to through in the towel. She started drinking again around the beggining of Dec. I suffered through some minor irritating behaviors, you know like calling an old boyfriend on Christmas day and making arrangements for "us" to get together. Never mind the fact that she had not talked with him for 2 yrs and he did not know where she lived now. (Always inviting male "friends" to the house)
Anyway the plan was new year, new life. Quit drinking and go to O.P. Well she made it three days without, the first two detoxing-sleeping, fever, unable to hold down food. Finally on the third day she was back; the woman I fell in love with and I thought, believe, felt my dreams were coming true. Unfortunately she drank and denied ever agreeing to O.P., even though she knows it would help her get visitation with her kids (let's not go there) So yesterday she took off, said she was going to a friends for a couple days, an alcoholic friend of course. I went to her place to try to talk her out of it, but of course I became "satan" and in the end everything fell apart. She said and did some things that I really find...unnerving.
My head says run, far and fast, but my heart....she is driving me crazy.
Larry