Notices

HELP! voices, paranoia from amphetamine

Old 02-08-2011, 04:57 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

HELP! voices, paranoia from amphetamine

can somebody please help me, my cat has been on speed everyday for 5 years and is hearing voices,
it happens almost constantly when shes at home, she thinks shes being watched and followed and thinks that all her cat nabors are agaist her.
i know the voises are not real nobody else has ever heard anything they say things that nobody else could no about, its always the same things, it happens at all hours even 3 am,
its been going on everyday for 2/3 years so if someone was doing this to her they would be spending every minute of everyday on making these voices.
its so offten that they couldnt have a life as it would be dedicated to driving her crazy 24/7!
its hard to explain but what she tells me is its always the same phrases,
sometimes she thinks there must be a recording playing but its never exactly
the same so it cant be that and why hasnt anybody else heard it?
i told her you need a speaker to hear sound from then she says
'you can get a sound ampliefier and it could be that'!
she would of found where its coming from as shes looked every where, she keeps telling me its coming from the corner near the tv or from near her wardrobe shes so paranoid i know shes serched the hole house 100times over and found nothing.
maybe someone has gone through this themselves or its happened to someone close to them?
can someone please give me some advice or point me in the right direction?
thanks
topdog
Old 02-08-2011, 05:31 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

she thinks the house, the car and her phone are bugged also so weve got to watch what we say constantly.
she also thinks that people are trying to hack into her pc wifi connection!
nothing happend to set it off its been happening for about 3 years now and she has been on speed everyday for 5 years, shes had afew 1or2month breaks here and there but does speed everyday without fail, theres been a day or 2 when she couldnt get it and there was 2 months recently when i made sure she couldnt get it and she got some subutex for the withdrawal simptoms, im sure it got a little bit better then. but when i ask if it got better she says 'no' i think its because she cant admit its the speed thats causing this.
it must be hard but she wont accept that shes only hearing these things and that there not real, she says 'im not mental,' 'i know im not mental' and 'someones trying to wind me up' when i tell her the factsthat show that nobody could do this, like what ive just mentioned above and ive said it would cost thousands, it would take more than 1 person, they would have to give up there whole lifes to do this and even then it would still be almost imposible but she wont belive that its not real its very 'real' to her she hears it cystal clear.shes started seeing a councilor as she was kind of forced to she one but she doent tell them whats been going on as she fears she will have to go to a mental hospital if anyone finds out!
i dont know who to turn to i cant tell her parents she would hate me and they wont be very helpful anyway also it could make things worse? they do kind of know about it but wont say anything to her as they get nowhere.
does anyone have any expereince with this sort of problem?
please she really needs help. i fear she could do something stupid and i dont know what else i should do?
thanks
topdog
Old 02-08-2011, 05:57 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

my cat has been on speed everyday for 5 years and is hearing voices
Old 02-08-2011, 07:58 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Trudging that road.

Can you say Vet
Old 02-08-2011, 08:02 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude

Welcome to SoberRecovery topdog.

Originally Posted by topdog
my cat has been on speed everyday for 5 years and is hearing voices
I'm going to assume that "cat" is a typo or just your lingo for girlfriend or something .

I've had drug induced psychosis from Meth. It can mimic all sorts of mental illness symptoms and it can exasperate any current mental illness symptoms. There is absolutely no way to use reason and logic to convenience a person under the influence of Meth that their voices and suspicions are not real or even drug induced.

This person needs to decide that they need treatment in order to get well. That's a decision that only they can make, nobody can make it for them.

There is a forum here at SoberRecovery for those that have a loved one addicted to drugs. Its a great place to learn from people that have gown through what your going through.
Here's the link : Friends and Family of Substance Abusers - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information
Old 02-08-2011, 01:35 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm assuming the same topdog.

Zen is right - meth is a very bad drug to get hooked on - and from my experience with friends it's very difficult for someone hooked on it to want to come off.

I hope your gf or whoever she is decides she wants a better life - she really needs a doctor.

I hope you'll check out the family and friends forums too

D
Old 02-08-2011, 04:52 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
I'm assuming the same topdog.

Zen is right - meth is a very bad drug to get hooked on - and from my experience with friends it's very difficult for someone hooked on it to want to come off.

I was on it for 2 years, went cold turkey from a 2gm a day habit. Withdrawal was bad for a week, the PAWS lasted about 18 months just gradually fading away on its own.

Get your cat lots of information about what it chemically does to the body, knowledge is power.
Old 03-05-2011, 06:58 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Amphetamine is Meth....Meth is Methamphetamine. Ampthetamine is more like Adderall which my Pych. strongly warned me could make my voices and hallucinations much worse if I didnt take medication to continue controlling my psychosis. I was told it could also cause Psychosis in folks that didnt already have any of those issues to begin with. Hope this helps! She needs to be reevaluated by her doctor though!
Old 10-11-2017, 01:23 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Experienced Advice.

You have to tell her that what she's experiencing is something I've gone through aswell. It's very scary, but I've managed it by confronting these fears only to find out it's all in my head. It's very hard to come around but I believe the choices are:

- Get used to the voices/Ignore them.
I wouldn't recommend this because it's very difficult to know the difference between the real and psychotic voices.

- Quit using speed.
This obviously isn't the easiest option but logically it's the most recommended. Note that I've heard voices up to 2 days after just a single night out, so if you've been using this for a long while then I'd imagine the voices will stick for longer.

- Fix whatever it is they're saying that's making you paronid (If that makes sense...).
From what it sounds like, she's done/doing something bad in life which if certain individuals find out about, they'll turn against her. If that's the case, I'd try fixing the problem by changing my ways.

Also smoking strong types of weed could make some people very paronid, especially when mixed with speed.
Old 10-11-2017, 02:26 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

Just to let you know this is a 6 year old thread - but welcome to SR Reece

D