Notices

Need response help

Old 04-01-2010, 08:32 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Alcohol is a cruel mistress!!!

Need response help

After reading coffee cups situation with disappointing others I realize I have been stuffing my feelings concerning my mother's comments. A little back story is needed to understand the whole issue. My mother is a workaholic and always has been. Its great to love ur job and all but she used it to hide from other problems in her life. She is now semi retired due to health issues and we have more time to talk over the last few years. She brings it up often that I am a stay at-home Mom. She says it in with a very negative tone. I have a college degree and worked as a teacher for years. I now have a busy life being a soccer mom and taxi driver to my daughter who is a social butterfly. I home school my 17 year old son who is bright but has adhd issues. We are not rich as my husband is now retired but we lead a comfortable life. My mother just won't seem to accept that I always wanted to follow this path as a domestic goddess and I am happy. By the way I have bipolar disorder and have been stable with the help of a medication combo. How do I get her to back off without driving her away. I had subtly mentioned if I want to get a job after the kids are grown I will revisit the idea then. After all these talks with her she makes me feel like a failure. If u got this far thanks a lot... Take care, Kerry
Old 04-01-2010, 08:52 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Go ask the Multivax

Hi carrie,

I suggest printing out your post with comments and mailing it to her with a nice card. :-) When people get letters with handwritten notes, it's much more personal and kinda taken more to heart.