Notices

feeling unworthy

Old 03-06-2010, 08:37 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

feeling unworthy

hi.
i was just wondering if anybody else ever feels unworthy of other people?
at the moment i'm wrapped up in my gambling. i've become a reculse and i only go out to buy cigarettes and gamble. i can't find pleasure in anything.
nobody ever calls or comes looking for me. i'm a lost soul. i have no friends left. and i don't make casual conversation with anybody because i feel unworthy of them. i feel that whatever i have to say isn't going to be of interest to anybody. after all why would anybody want to talk to me.... i just feel invisable around other people. i'm so lonely. i don't really like people in general. but i'm feeling so lonely i'd like to have some contact with somebody. it's just that because of all this **** (alcohol and the drugs and the gambling) i no longer know how to be around people and they just make me uncomfortable.
i just ******* hate my life.
Old 03-06-2010, 09:15 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi Aldo

Coming here is a good start, I am amazed at what a wonderful community this is and how much support you can get. Left me in tears the first day. Welcome and good luck with taking what ever steps you need to take to change your life, I am on day 16 now and it feels great. My brother went through the same as you, the full package of alcohol, drugs and gambling. He went to rehab and found his peace, today he is married with a family and it is amazing to know the wonderful person he has developed to be. You can do it to, and remember that you are never unworthy of love, especially not your own. Good luck and look forward to follow your progress here on recovery!

Limbo
Old 03-06-2010, 09:25 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi again Aldo

Read your story a bit late and see that you have been here a while and gone through it all a few times! I wish you the best of luck with overcoming your problems and finding peace within....
Old 03-06-2010, 10:30 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

As long as I was active in my addictions, yes, I felt completely and 100% unworthy of others.
Old 03-11-2010, 06:13 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Yes, I can totally relate to the friends part. I find myself boring. '

You like to gamble, I suggest you play poker. Usually bars have poker games. I don't necessary find people that I can talk to or even relate to but at least I can talk about the good hands I get. That way I will still get some enjoyment. Just to sympathize I usually sit quite when I play poker and watch everyone else talk and have fun. But then a good had comes and we (including me) are the center of attention.

You said,
" i don't make casual conversation with anybody because i feel unworthy of them"

Yep that is %100 me. I am glad to hear that other people feel the same way. That always helps me. Heck I have a few close friends and I don't feel worthy and I have been friends with them for over 10 years. Heck one of them I knew from when I was 5 years old.

Heck, when me and wife hang out with friends I sometimes don't feel worthy of her.

I do feel that others are worth more than me but that is just my heart talking. My brain does tell me different and I believe my brain but my heart speaks loudly.

Good luck, stay strong.
Old 03-11-2010, 07:04 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Go ask the Multivax

CoffeeClub:

"You like to gamble, I suggest you play poker. Usually bars have poker games. I don't necessary find people that I can talk to or even relate to but at least I can talk about the good hands I get. That way I will still get some enjoyment. Just to sympathize I usually sit quite when I play poker and watch everyone else talk and have fun. But then a good had comes and we (including me) are the center of attention."

Silly man, did you forget who this this website and forum is for! :-)
Old 03-19-2010, 08:57 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Alizerin View Post
CoffeeClub:

"You like to gamble, I suggest you play poker. Usually bars have poker games. I don't necessary find people that I can talk to or even relate to but at least I can talk about the good hands I get. That way I will still get some enjoyment. Just to sympathize I usually sit quite when I play poker and watch everyone else talk and have fun. But then a good had comes and we (including me) are the center of attention."

Silly man, did you forget who this this website and forum is for! :-)
Now this is good advice. At last somebody on SR is advising me to go to the bar and gamble!
I'd have to be really stupid to take that advice. lol.
Seriously, I don't think he meant it maliciously though.
Old 03-19-2010, 11:01 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Someone will come along with a way to stay sober that you like the sound of or some pearl of wisdom based on none of their real ESH...

When you are done head down to AA, GA or NA:-)
Old 03-20-2010, 01:56 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by yeahgr8 View Post
their real esh...
esh??
Old 03-20-2010, 03:03 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
Experience, strength, & hope.
Old 03-20-2010, 06:08 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Astro View Post
Experience, strength, & hope.
ah!
that's a new one. i'd never come across that one before.
thanks!