Notices

Feeling Depressed.

Old 03-05-2010, 05:13 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Feeling Depressed.

Feeling Depressed... I don't know what to do... I'm so unmotivated to do school work. I'm tired... all I want to do is sleep. Cravings have been worse recently. I feel so alone. I don't know. My friend isn't talking to me. It's so akward and confusing. School work seems ten times harder now. I don't know.
Old 03-05-2010, 05:27 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Pink,

Is there someone you can call? Talk to? Are you seeing a doc about this. I had depression back in 1996. Clinically diagnosed. Yes, I had to go on meds, but they helped.

What cravings are you having?

Im sure you can make it bc lots of folks here with good advice.

Intro
Old 03-05-2010, 07:07 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Have had depression on and off since I was 12-13. I'm craving drugs and alcohol.
Old 03-05-2010, 08:48 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Im a good listener, would you mind sharing how it all began?

Are you seeking professional help?

Pls try and do so.
Old 03-05-2010, 08:53 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

And it is so hard to explain to people without going into full detail as to what is wrong when you just want to be left alone. It is so frustrating. I find in hard times in dealing with many issues, coming here helps.
Old 03-06-2010, 01:25 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Yes I have gotten professional help. I'm not sure how it all started. I don't know when I was in jr. high I didn't have many friends was lonely. Which made me depressed and withdrawl from people and made me depressed more.
Old 03-06-2010, 07:05 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by pinkgurl87 View Post
Yes I have gotten professional help. I'm not sure how it all started. I don't know when I was in jr. high I didn't have many friends was lonely. Which made me depressed and withdrawl from people and made me depressed more.

Are you receiving professional help right now? Are you on any medications to help with depression right now?

Has anything happened lately that could have made your depression worse?

I've suffered with depression since my teens as well. I've been in treatment for about 8 years. There have been times the depression is worse and my medication needs to be adjusted. About 2 years ago my depression was getting very bad and I went back into therapy for 9 months. It was a big help.

I find in hard times in dealing with many issues, coming here helps.
It very much does. Sometimes just knowing you aren't alone makes a world of difference.
Old 03-07-2010, 12:23 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Ya I'm on medication now. When I was in jr.high/ highschool I wasn't on meds only hit university that I got on meds. I think it could be school stress that's making me depressed. It's hard because I'm not motivated to do work and everything is ten times harder. I want to sleep all the time. I'm tired all the time... I don't know why ... I slept 12 hours last night but I'm still tired. Ya coming on here helps me too!! I think the weather is effecting me too, the time of year. I'm also going on a trip to India this summer and my pdoc seems to think that because something exciting is coming up I'm less motivated to do the stuff I have to do now. I want this trip to work out so bad, but I need to fundraise the money and stuff. I hope it works out, I don't want to fail I want to make an impact on people.
Old 03-07-2010, 02:33 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

When I am feeling very depressed, I am also much more tired. During the worst of it, I was barely able to function. That made it hard to concentrate and get anything done.

It could be a mix of things making you more tired and your depression could be part of that. It could also sometimes be due to physical reasons (i.e. thyroid disorder), so it might not hurt to have a check up if you haven't recently.

It sounds like you have been in contact with your pdoc and let him/her know how you've been feeling. That's good.

When I am feeling very overwhelmed, I try to start each day with a list of what needs to be done. As each task is completed, I cross it off or highlight it. Then at the end of the day, when I am feeling like the day was a waste, I can look back and see what I was able to acomplish. The important thing is to look at what you were able to get done, not what you didn't get done. Even if you only got 1 or 2 tasks completed, it is an acomplishment!

That sounds exciting, a trip to India! Have you been there before?
Old 03-07-2010, 03:28 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

No haven't been to India before... I went to China in 2005 which I loved but life fell apart after that so this is like a big thing because it means I'm healthier. I want to be able to do this.

I'm in school so sometimes I need to complete more tasks, right now I'm working on school work right now and it's really frustrating.
Old 03-11-2010, 03:16 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Feeling Depressed... I don't know what to do... I'm so unmotivated to do school work. I'm tired... all I want to do is sleep. Cravings have been worse recently. I feel so alone. I don't know. My friend isn't talking to me. It's so akward and confusing. School work seems ten times harder now. I don't know.
I'm right there with you....my school work is just piling up because all I feel like doing is sleeping...

My stomach is in knots, I'm worried about a million things, I'm trying to figure out the meaning of life...

And then there's school....which causes me to be even more overwhelmed...

Wish I had some advice for you....meditation helps me sometimes...

Go to youtube.com and type in "guided meditation" and try that out! Hope you feel better soon! : )
Old 03-17-2010, 02:03 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

For how long this is the problem? Whats your age?
That happens sometimes! Don't worry just take a few days off from studies or school even...and in holidays Do what you are interested in..
If you wanna sleep, Go for it!....Things will calm down soon
Old 03-17-2010, 02:55 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I´m sorry you feel like that, Pinkgurl.

I´ve been to China and it was a huge adventure. I´m sure you´ll have great time in India too.

Here is one thing you can do:

Write on a piece of paper your worries about school work.

Organize it so you work on specific hours at each project.

Don´t set too many goals.

When you get cravings, breathe and wait for a few minutes. It will go away after a few moments. Think about something that makes you feel good and if the craving is bad, have some chocolate but not too much.

At the end of each day, take a moment to be with yourself and meditate, listen to relaxing music, watch a fun movie or chat with a friend.

Good luck.

Old 03-27-2010, 04:48 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Have assignments to do with school. that's stressfull I'm tired and unmotivated. School is almsot over I can't wait till it's over. India, is coming but I'm afraid it won't work out I have to raise money, I have about half of it but ya it's stressful trying to raise money. I don't know need to get back to work. My therapist is going to talk to my psychiatrist about me be depressed and stuff. I got an extension on my assignment so that is good.
Old 03-30-2010, 03:49 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

wow, I totally worried my prof. I told her I was getting so frustrated with the group project that if I did anymore I would en up hurting myself. I shouldn't have said that but that's how I felt. Yesterday we met with the group and they were critizing everything i did and I got fed up and left.
Old 03-30-2010, 05:43 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

I´m sorry you´re feeling so stressed.

One of the things I remember when I was going through really bad moments, was giving too much information and trying to manipulate people.

I hope I didn´t stress you further by sharing this, I´m sending you strong healing thoughts. I´ve been where you are and I understand.

You cannot change the past, but you can influence the here and now.

I hope you will.

Is there anything you can do about the project so you´ll feel more at ease?

Sending you love and light
Old 03-31-2010, 12:41 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

I'm doing better. Still kind of down and unmotivated but doing ok. Saw my CSD (Centre for students with Disabilities) Advisor today and we talked about stuff so that was cool. I have a meeting with prof tomorrow nervous about it but I hope it goes alright , hope I didn't worry her to much. Obviously she cares about me is cool.
Old 03-31-2010, 06:07 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

I´m glad you´re feeling better. Good to hear that you spoke to someone about this.

Old 04-08-2010, 12:46 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

I talked to my phycratrist , my therapist actually called her talking about how I've been feeling depressed. She upped my prozac to 60 mg hopefully that helps we will see what happens.
Old 04-08-2010, 04:18 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Pinkgurl,

I´m glad to hear your news. I really hope this helps.

Rest, work, eat healthy food and exercise. The key to the basics are there.

Love and light,