Notices

Dreams

Old 11-04-2003, 04:11 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

I sure know what you´re saying, Tammie.

The world situation is absolutely terrifying and I also get dreams like that. But let´s not discuss politics. I could write up a whole board and everybody would start arguing! We need peace here. But I admire everyone who has strong political beliefs and sticks by them.

I think the world has always known conflicts and in some ways thrives on it. Think Yin/Yang. But we need to respect each other and that´s the missing link. Like you said, we are all neighbours.

I hope and pray for peace in the Middle East, but I am not sure real peace over there will be aquired in our lifetime. I´ve lived with terrorism in my own city and in London too when we had the IRA, and I know how terrifying and out of control the situation can be.

Use adversity
Old 11-04-2003, 05:35 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  
~Author of My Life~

I hear ya Lilya! I get all carried away with it sometimes.

I am having a good evening, had a nice chat with my neighbor lady in her backyard swing. The weatherman says this is the last of Indian summer for us! It was gorgeous out today.
Old 11-05-2003, 04:36 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Hi Lilya et al!

My teeth dream must mean something but maybe not the same thing since I was a teen???? I have many insecurities! I was always told I would be a great success so I regularly feel like a failure when I don't get things right in any way. I have always had a lot of pressure put on me, more than any of my siblings as they weren't as likely to do exceedingly well.

The dream I had with the biting animal was a baby kind of croc or gator, not an insect! I could be trying to control me, my bubby or his dad who is not in a good state and doesn't live with us at all. I have been told that I am controlling on one or two occasions before!?!?! I just need to have good dreams.

Last night I had a dream that I was at some kind of learning institution, studying but my son was with me btu was being watched while I was in class. In one "class" we were all dressing up and supposed to get a costume but I couldn't find the right one to fit. I was new to the school and felt pretty out of place. I new a couple of people there - one is a lecturer at the current uni I go to and his wife, who is currently a secretary/PA at uni but she was in the "dress up" play class. I was worried about my son, that he wasn't getting looked after and I couldn't find him for ages as they weren't watching properly. There was a general store kind of shop and I bought something, I think it was food of some type for $1.60 and they were taking to long so I left the money next to the cash register and walked out as I was late for a class and the person I was with was getting anxious.

There was a swimming pool - resort style - at this place and Asian (perhaps Malaysian) workers doing the menial kind of jobs. Very strange, long dream but the only really disturbing bit was when I couldn't find my boy. (I did eventually and he was fine and happy.) ANALYZE THAT!!! (Please!!:smile
Old 11-06-2003, 05:04 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  

....And last night I had my own version of a Nicholas Cage (Gone in 60 seconds/City of Angels/Snake Eyes) -type movie...can't remember it all right now but I do remember that during it I was thinking "i wonder what you will make of this one"!!!!
Old 11-07-2003, 01:58 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Lurkings,

I´ve been busy with my film festival so I haven´t been as active here as I like. But I have no problem with this dream.

"Last night I had a dream that I was at some kind of learning institution, studying but my son was with me btu was being watched while I was in class. In one "class" we were all dressing up and supposed to get a costume but I couldn't find the right one to fit."

New clothes mean a new situation. Not finding a costume to fit means it will take longer than you anticipate to get used to this new situation. You fear for your son, so he´ll be linked with this situation, or maybe this is already taking place? Are you changing a profession or going to school? It suggest changes. You also buy food in the dream. Food means our substance. You want something fast, because you leave the money at the cash register without waiting to pay for it properly. Your subconscience is warning you to take a good look before you leap, don´t do anything hasty.

About the Nicholas Cage dream, I would have liked to be there with you.

Use adversity
Old 11-07-2003, 05:33 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  
I am sure I didn't do it!

Lilya that wasn't my dream. But I could give you a dream to analyze. I think I pmed it to you but I still haven't figured out how everything works here so i might have sent it wrong.
Old 11-07-2003, 05:43 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Mixing dreams

Oups, Lurkings! I was analyzing Struggle´s dream. Sorry Struggle! But your dream is right here. I hope it helps.

Use adversity
Old 11-08-2003, 02:25 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  

lilya,
I woke up with this dream a few minutes ago...

~I was at work when a bunch of people from school showed up and had a party. So I joined my friends and and among the people who were there was my psych teacher from school. Everyone was laughing and drinking and being loud untill the early hours of the morning. Later we all load up in this huge van and she drops us off at our houses. I get on this forum where everyone from school likes to chat and I am the first one on there. Then someone else gets on and says that a psychologist with be in soon from 5:00-5:30am. I didn't want to talk to them besides I thought it was my teacger. So I get off and come out the computer room but I was at someone elses house. I started finding clothes for one of the boys to wear. I went in the room and all the shirts were on hangers and neatly laying on the ground. I started looking through them and saw that they were all basicaly a solid color and some with a differnt color collar. All of them had a name brand sewen in so I new they were expensive and I liked them. I didn't pick him out any clothes because I thought our styles were different. When I started walking out of the room I saw my friend Bracken. I was talking to him about school and said I had a psychology class today but it didn't start until ten so I could go late. I saw a pair of pants in his closet I liked so I told him I was going to wear them. I wanted to look nice for school. Then I remembered a time I went to class and it wasn't class day and the teacher walked me out side with her hande gentle on my back as if I was a little kid. So I needed to make sure that, that day was indeed class day. I got dressed got in my car when I saw a van drive up and a little boy get out. Thats when I decided the clothes were Brackens. I start to leave when I saw the same party crowd pull up at my house. So I went and talked to a few of them and then my teacher started kind of dividing people into cars. Before she finished I asked my friends if we were all going out to breakfast. She said kind of. I said, "oh". I said that was fine and started to go back in the houes and she said that I could come. I said no and she kept insisting. She picked up her phone and said let me call my friend. I stopped and thought she was calling the teacher and I look over and she is reaching for her phone. I walked in the house and my friend followed me. I said loudly enough for the teacher to hear over the phone, "This is a waist of my time." I walked into this room with no door. Just a blue towel hanging as one. She kept trying to go through it and I kept gently pushing her away. I sat at the computer and acted like I was doing something else ignoring her until she went away.~

That was the end. What does all that mean?
Old 11-09-2003, 06:10 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Lurkings,

Have pity! This dream is far too long!LOL

As I see it, I think this is a classic subconscious dream. It´s clearing out things in your mind, like you would clear the attick or the cellar of clutter. There are clothes and your friend, so your dream is about relationships. It speaks of differences between you, but you obviously have feelings for him. You are thinking about this friend Bracken, where your relationship is going or he is a substitute for someone else, a new friend.

The colour blue means usually love, home, relationships etc. It´s linked to the throat shakra.

Use adversity
Old 11-09-2003, 07:40 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Hmm.. The relationship with Bracken has to represent someone else. Bracken it too young for me, not my style and I am not into a lot of the things he is into he is still a friend... Actually the only new relationship with a guy will be a counselor I found whom is a guy. But I have only talked to him once on the phone to set up a meeting time and haven't talked to him about the reason I am seeing him. He seems nice and has a very comforting voice which is important to me soooo...

What about the partying and the other girl friend who I was hanging out with? I'm not a partier or drinker.

All my dreams are very detailed and are rarely vague. I have a hard time putting them into words and getting all the information I can out of them on paper. Is that a normal thing to have very vivid dreams like this all the time?
Old 11-09-2003, 11:06 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Lurkings,

I don´t know what is normal or not concerning dreams. For instance, I dream in colour, but many people dream in black and white. My dreams are also vivid and very detailed. Sometimes I go through periods when my dreams are short and not about anything. It comes in waves.

I still think your subconscience is clearing out stuff in this dream, regardings emotions and order. Schools usually represents order and discipline. Partying and drinking doesn´t mean anything to me. In the old texts it can mean that you seek false happiness, as partying/illusion. I cannot really say. I think the end od your dream is the most important. You enter a new period in your life and it´s linked to the colour blue, emotions.

Use adversity
Old 11-19-2003, 08:22 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Lilya~
I had a dream that I couldn't figure out the meaning... If you though the other was long this one would blow you away!!! I am not going to type it all but the main part that really bothers me was in the begining of the dream it was very violent. I was man-handeling this kids basically which is something I would never ever in a million years do! Then everything kind of rolled down hill from there. But I was shoving this kids up agaist the wall or one I was grabbing her arm tightly until she started crying. All three kids were laughing but I didn't stop being mean to them until the stopped and show real concern or cried... One boy I started on until a co-worker came in and said my boss wanted to talk to me. I never do that! That scares me to think that my mind sorted something out like that!
Old 11-19-2003, 12:39 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Lurkings,

I used to have dreams about hitting my son when he was growing up, and I don't believe in hitting as a means of discipline. It used to scare me too. I think it has to do with being frustrated though, and not that we would really do those things.

Juls
Old 11-19-2003, 03:42 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Lurkings,

Juls is right. This is a deep pshycological fear many women have and is just about your fear of something happening to your children. It´s a projection. The subconscience is just cleaning house.

Keep dreaming. Struggle, did you ever read my analysis of you dream?

I dreamt tonight I was picking out dough from my nose. It grew and grew and became enugh to bake a cake. It was not dirty or slimy, just beautiful looking dough. Anyone?

Use adversity