Notices

Dreams

Old 10-22-2003, 03:03 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Paused

How much have you read on metaphysics?
From the book on the astral body I mentioned earlier they call this other diminshion the astral plane which is parrallel to the material plane on the subatomic level. They also call this the plane of emotion, and the plane of the dead, and in relavence to this topic the realm of the dream world. However they still believe that some dreams are just in our head.

I know from the internet that witchcraft has similar beliefs. One could say they are identical on a lot of there views.
Also in learning witchcraft one has to first master or gain more control over there dreams. There meditations are a focused meditation.

Of course I am ingnorant of many of the beliefs of metapysics and witchcraft.
Old 10-22-2003, 03:10 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Near Death Experiences and the Afterlife

Hard science is not my forte, Luther. I´m an academic in arts and littérature and a writer of fiction by profession. But here is some stuff on the subject:

www.near-death.com/ - 40k - Cached - More pages from this site
Category: Near Death Experiences

2. Near-Death Experiences (NDE)
provides links and personal accounts. Includes skeptical analysis.
www.mindspring.com/~scottr/end.html - 4k - Cached - More pages from this site

3. Near Death Experience Research Foundation
includes international near-death experience studies, webforms, narrative accounts, soulmate relations, bulletin board, and research articles.
www.nderf.org/ - 63k - Cached - More pages from this site

4. International Association for Near-Death Studies (IANDS)
official site. For experiencers and those close to them, researchers, care givers, and those interested in the nature of human consciousness.
www.iands.org/ - 17k - Cached - More pages from this site
Category: Near Death Experiences > International Association for Near-Death Studies (IANDS)

5. near death experiencer provides information - conscious dying, ...
August 18, 1996 - August 18, 2003. A Near Death Experience. Beyond the Veil. with.
Diane Goble. ... A Near Death Experience. an accidental glimpse into the after life. ...
www.beyondtheveil.net/ - 29k - Cached - More pages from this site

6. Skeptic's Dictionary: Near-death Experiences (NDEs)
provides a definition and links.
skepdic.com/nde.html - 17k - Cached - More pages from this site

7. Thoughtful Living
based on the knowledge and meaning of the near death experience.
www.ndeweb.com/ - 4k - Cached - More pages from this site

8. Near Death Experiences
In the Near Death Experience the spirit - soul - leaves the physical body usually
after a major trauma - accidents, illnesses, problems in surgery - cardiac ...
www.crystalinks.com/neardeath.html - 11k - Cached - More pages from this site

9. Near-Death Experiences: In or Out of the Body
... Paradoxically it is also improved medicine that has led to an increase in
quite a different kind of report? that of the near-death experience. ...
www.susanblackmore.co.uk/si91nde.html - 49k - Cached - More pages from this site

10. Christian Near-Death Experiences
... Elizabeth Kubler-Ross, Dr. Kenneth Ring, Dr. Michael Sabom and Dr. Melvin Morse
have brought the subject of near-death experience (NDE) to the popular front. ...
hometown.aol.com/yesloveisgod/ - 16k - Cached - More pages from this site

11. Near-Death and Out-of-Body Experiences in a Melanesian Society
by Dorothy E. Counts, University of Waterloo.
http://www.arts.uwaterloo.ca/ANTHRO/...NearDeath.html - 53k - Cached - More pages from this site

12. ON DEATH & DYING and NEAR-DEATH EXPERIENCES: INDEX
Inerson On Death & Dying and Near-Death Experiences NEW! * Music and Near-Death
Experience the complete version of the appendix featured in Kenneth Ring's ...
pages.globetrotter.net/inerson/ondeath.html - 7k - Cached - More pages from this site

13. Using Ketamine to Induce the Near-Death Experience
by Dr. Karl L.R. Jansen. Explores the mechanism of action and the therapeutic potential of 'special K'.
http://www.lycaeum.org/drugs/Cyclohe...ear-death.html - 18k - Cached
Category: Drugs and Medications > Ketamine

Use adversity
Old 10-22-2003, 03:20 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I usually call the hidden dimension the astral plane.

I was reading about Ketamine to induce death experience and I have to say it´s not a nice feeling of relaxation like they describe it. I was terrified and I didn´t sleep properly for six months afterwards. It was the most horrifying experience I have known.

Use adversity
Old 10-22-2003, 06:42 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Paused

good a lot of sites to look at

I'll look at them in a couple minutes but your mention of it being terrified reminded me of what my sister told me the other day.

She stated that she believed in another dimention but had fear of what she may find.
I told here that our thoughts are all in our head and one's own personal fear can be the most terrifiing, and that is usually what we find. I incurraged her to research her fears of what is out there as to lay them to rest.

By the way she has read a good amout of books on the occult and metaphysics so on this subject she is better versed than I.

I helped her research along by giving her a book on meditations. I suggested she use the more positive meditations first. Like meditations on light, breathing and what have you.
I also told her that there are meditations on darkness in the book and once she feels up to it she may want to try them.
She is wise enough not to try anything too dangerous such as black magic. Plus her current faith is the holy trinity.

What do you think is her best corse to find highter enlightenment is?
Old 10-23-2003, 05:34 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Luther,

I am the wrong person to ask these questions. Seeking higher enlightenment can too often become a cult-like activities and this I know from personal experience. My husband is in India, living with a cult. He started by seeking enlightenment.

I seek spirituality by visiting the temple of Dalai Lama in the outskirts of Paris and reading his books, some bouddist wisdom at the Bouddist centre in Paris and by using the AA big book, poems and western philosophy. I have found that simple things are often the most effective.

I wish your sister happiness on her quest for wisdom.

Use adversity
Old 10-23-2003, 05:42 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

This is realy interesting. As for my last dream that is what doc said. I had to be revived three seperate times. It is freeky but i am a believer because of it.

I had another dream last night of well I was in a basement and everything my mom ever owned was in this cellar(I dont see her much)Anyway people where buying this stuff and so was I. I bought these size like 48 pants I am a 18 which is big but not that big. Anyway my sister was there and as usual was mean to me and I teeied and tried to make her love me with no sucess. What could this mean I can't get this out of my mind for some strange reason?
Old 10-23-2003, 03:16 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Bubblze,

I think this dream represent your subconscience and all the work that needs to be done. The basement or attick usually mean that. Your mother´s stuff is there and your sister is with you and I think they are the keyfigures in some drame inside you. They represent the solution to a certain problem you have. Maybe you´re aware of it, maybe not. But the trousers don´t fit, so you are doing something wrong in regards to your solution. Maybe the dream is telling you to find a size that fits, in other words, find a different approach in life in order to get better.

I think it´s about love. You tried to make your sister love you but it didn´t work. Compare your behaviour towards her and towards the people you want to love you.

Use adversity
Old 10-23-2003, 04:06 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
~Author of My Life~

What an interesting subject. I have had near death experiences and since I have had many many dreams that come true, sometimes it is very scary to turn on the news because so many of my dreams turn into reality. I also had increased ability to use ESP and mental telepathy, I contacted someone in a coma once, I know that sounds absurd, but it is true. I am going to check out those websites Lilya. They look quite interesting.
Old 10-25-2003, 06:16 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Tammie,

I would love to hear about some of your dreams. It´s the winter season, and premonition is heightened with candle lights and cozy fires.

It´s a time when we reap the harvest of summer and go into hibernation. I dream a lot in winters, and I love it.

You saw the film "Mothman Prophecies". Do you have premonitions like that?

Use adversity
Old 10-25-2003, 07:33 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Lilya,

I have several recurring dreams. One (I had it last night) is a dream of being in a foreign country. Sometimes they are pleasant and I am glad to be there, like when I dreamt I was living in Paris, or when I've dreamt of going to resort like locations.

Others however, are very disturbing. There is frequently a war going on, earthquakes or floods, and I am trying to escape and get home, but I am unable to leave the country. Many times people are trying to kill me and others are being killed.

Last night I was in a Muslim country. There was a war going on and I was at risk of being killed since I was an American. I kept trying to find a place to hide.

Juls
Old 10-26-2003, 03:40 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  
~Author of My Life~

Oh Lilya, some of my dreams have been real shockers to my system. I had visions of 9/11. I would stand in the living room and tell my husband BOTH towers are coming down..to the ground. The visuals in my head were exactly like the day I watched the coverage. I had a dream 3 days before that a man on flight 93 came to me asking if he "could do it" would his child be alright? I touched his hand, his forearm, and then his shoulder and he jerked back at the shoulders and died. There was an incredibly warm and peaceful presence then. It was indescribale really. The initials JG kept coming to me and I read over the obit looking for a name, I had the face in my head. When the news showed Jeremy Glick it was his face..his wife said in later interviews that he had begged..three days before to cancel his flight and just not go..my daughter also says I got up that night and was at the table. The table in the morning was the same arrangerment as in my dream. I hesitate to share this with many people because well, for obvious reasons they think I am a bit looney. I am at peace with all this now, it used to scare me to death. The really weird thing about the Jeremy Glick thing is when my friends saw his sister they were like...she looks just like you!!! It was kinda weird. I have some of the incidents written in my journals.
Old 10-26-2003, 12:51 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Many people have reported about omens before September 11 and I´m not surprised. I have dreamt that my left eye contact lense has a hole in it, when I wake up I can see that. I´ve dreamt that I go to the supermarket and the cash register woman is dead, and then she is. All without prior knowledge. But a huge event like that, who not only was a terrible catastrophe, but changed history, is bound to affect the entire world wide human consciousness. I was depressed for two days before it and had no idea why. I dragged myself to a meeting - and I remember where I was like it had happen yesterday, but I refused to believe it. I heard people scream and drag in a TV set to watch. We were terrified - we all know terrorism first had by living in Paris, but the enormity of it was such we were paralyzed.

Nostradame, the medium, foresaw it in the 16thor 17th century. I had previously read the poems about the twin towers. Made my skin crawl.

Use adversity
Old 10-26-2003, 07:45 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Tammie,

I have these "premonitions" too. They actually shake me up. I thik they fuel my fears so I often just brush them away and try not to dwell on them.
ut, then, there are other intuitions or feelings that I feel I should honor. Those I think are God helping me out. I'm not sure I can explain this...those feel comforting, and loving.
(I hope this doesn't sound like I'm way out there!) I often feel this sense when I feel led to talk to someone. And often that connection feels so good and right. Know what I mean?
Mamabear
Old 10-26-2003, 08:31 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  
~Author of My Life~

I know what you mean Mambear! And I always think Oh they'll think me a total nut for sharing this, but you know what? It should never feel uncomfortable to speak from the heart, raw gut honesty about our thoughts and fears..and hopes. It should be as natural as breathing. I am so glad I shared with ya all. We need to be able to talk about these things.

How are you tonight Mamabear? And your daughter? How is she feeling now a days?
Old 10-27-2003, 03:57 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Juls,

Dreaming you´re living in a foreign country means in the old dream texts that you are about to enter a period where things will be brighter, something unexpected in a positive sense will happen. Living in Paris at this time of year? When the dampness from La Seine freezes your bones and everyone is drinking coffee on the pavements behind plastic tents with heavy outdoor ovens! I´d rather be in San Fransisco.

On the other hand, your dream could be telling you that you want to make changes in your life, possibly travelling more.

Dreaming about war and killings is probably just the world situation. Terrible things are still going on in Iraq and it´s no wonder you have these kind of dreams.

Tammie and Mamabear, I was looking at Nostradames poems of predictions. Some say he dreamt all this or saw it in a vision. Here is then one about September 11th:

L'an mil neuf cens nonante neuf sept mois
Du ciel viendra vn grand Roy d'effrayeur
Resusciter le grand Roy d'Angolmois,
Auant apres Mars regner par bon heur.

The year 1999, seventh month,
From the sky will come a great King of Terror:
To bring back to life the great King of the Mongols,
Before and after Mars to reign by good luck.

In the year of the new century and nine months,
From the sky will come a great King of Terror...
The sky will burn at forty-five degrees.
Fire approaches the great new city..."
"In the city of york there will be a great collapse,
2 twin brothers torn apart by chaos
while the fortress falls the great leader will succumb
third big war will begin when the big city is burning"

Use adversity

Last edited by Lilya; 10-27-2003 at 04:30 PM.
Old 10-27-2003, 08:19 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Lilya, what do you think about that 2112 prediction, when all the planets are supposed to line up and who knows what is supposed to happen?

Juls
Old 10-28-2003, 09:19 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Wow lyla that is so true what you said me and my sister have been not so close all are lives and my mom lives with my sister so that just shows you how me and my mom are not close also which is sad for my daughter. I know not how to approach this in any other way but the way I have but thank its like you hit the nail on the head. soo koool
Old 10-28-2003, 04:52 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

I´m glad I could be of help, Bubblze.

Juls, remind me, what is 2112? It rings a bell but I can´t quite see it... A planetary constellation? An end of the world prediction'

I have never believed in the end of the world. I had a friend once, a journalist, who made a summary of all predictions from well before BC. Not one of them came true. LOL But this sounds interesting.

Use adversity
Old 10-28-2003, 04:59 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

In the year 2112 all the planet wil be lined up one after the other, I don't know in what order. It has to do with the Mayan calendar. People speculate that it will either be the end of the world, or the new age.

Juls
Old 10-28-2003, 05:04 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  
~Author of My Life~

I have watched some shows about this Mayan prediction..it was very interesting. I always thought it was the year 2012, on December 23? the winter equinox? I'll have to look it up again. History channel has had some shows about it. Also tells how A.I .will affect us, machines predicted to "attack" us....you never know, I say!