Notices

Will this tiredness ever lift?

Old 02-16-2010, 03:11 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Will this tiredness ever lift?

For as long as I can remember, even as a kid ive suffered from depression and whilst I'm hopeful with the help of meds, support from the fellowship and working the steps and programme this might lift I am CONSTANTLY tired.

I eat ok, go out for walks when I can manage and have no trouble sleeping, I've been tested for thyroid problems, anemia etc but to no effect does this help at all. It just makes my recovery so much harder. My house is a tip, windows havent been washed in ages and the garden...

Has or does anyone else suffer from this, has it went away, is there nay supplements that I can take? Im going back to the doc's this week..im now feeling desperate as I cant keep going on like this
Old 02-16-2010, 07:33 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Have you ever done a sleep study? You might suffer from sleep apnea. It's where you stop breathing during the night, thus jerking you out of deep sleep/REM sleep and therefore never getting a good night's rest therefore making you feel tired all the time. I have this, though I have been getting treated, and it has significantly contributed to worsening my depression in the past to the point I had to stay in the psych ward for a few days. Sleep apnea can be fatal if untreated, so the sooner you deal with it the better. Initially my sleep apnea was caused by overenlarged tonsils, which were surgically removed, and then it was because I gained weight. Today I sleep with a CPAP air machine that forces air into my nose and into my lungs during sleep so I get a good night's rest. If this is indeed what you have and you get treated you will notice a significant boost in energy and stamina throughout the day. You also might want to look into seeing if you have chronic fatigue syndrome. The tiredness might also just be a byproduct of your depression so just work on it.
Old 02-16-2010, 07:46 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I am feeling exactly the same...it's crap isn't it.
My husband also has Obstructive Sleep Apnoea Syndrome and wears a CPAP machine every night....He tells me I have sleep apnoea's every night too. It does cause excessive daytime sleepiness, so maybe I should go get tested.

I think going back to the GP's and telling him/her is the best and hopefully you will get some tests...I'm just waiting for blood results this week and if nothing shows up from that, then I too will go about this tiredness.......It really hampers my recovery too.
Good luck
Old 02-16-2010, 05:58 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by steamvessel View Post
I really think I need a SAD light box, have you thought about that?
Stayinfree, I see you are in the UK, which, as far as I know, has a lot of cloudy days, your tiredness could be caused, in part, by lack of sunlight, which translates to lack of vitamin D. I take about 2,000 IUs of D3 a night because I'm dark-skinned so have a harder time getting Vitamin D from the Sun. It has helped improve my mood, how restful my sleep is, and my energy level during the day. I'm fortunate in Colorado that we get a lot of sun here, but I still have a sunlamp aka SAD lamp to get me through the cloudier days.

Also, I wouldn't delay on the sleep apnea thing as it can be fatal if untreated. It can be fatal in that it causes you to come down with other ailments and lower your immune system and impairs your overall health. I know even after one night of having my CPAP machine I woke up feeling more refreshed than I had in a long time. And if your hubby notices you have it--you stop breathing at periods throughout the night--I would get it checked out. Another tell tale sign of sleep apnea is the inability to recall your dreams or recalling fragments of dreams like you go in and out of your dreaming state. I would also have your tonsils looked at by your doctor as they, or something else, could be obstructing your breathing.

Good luck, keep us informed.
Old 03-05-2010, 07:38 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi there, I'm new here but I can relate something I have done that really helped reduce my cravings for alcohol and reduce my tired feeling.

A few years ago I across a website called Alternative Medicine Forums, Blogs & FAQs on CureZone.com (this is an open natural health forum) and used the 'liver flush' technique to clear all the acumulated gunk out of my liver.

Short story is that, over time, I passed out loads of material and parasites which really killed the cravings for alcohol and tiredness. It also cleared up the excema I had on my skin (hands and feet)....thank goodness...

there is a forum there that people discuss just like this forum...

Cheers