Notices

Movie Club against depression

Old 08-03-2006, 07:00 PM
  # 841 (permalink)  
Reikihelps

ferGawdsake! I hope I'm not a thread-stopper!!!!
Old 08-04-2006, 08:48 AM
  # 842 (permalink)  
Reason to believe

well...not quite dude

maybe it's me instead
Old 08-04-2006, 11:04 AM
  # 843 (permalink)  
Trying to do the right thing.

Hi Lilya, n PapaG, reikie, good to see new people in the movie club

((Lilya)) hello honi hope all is well for you don la france.Were having a lovely summer here...!

Well i saw the 'Di Vincvi Code'...? Hummm I think the book must rock but as for the flim, Dont Belive the Hype...lol... It was good but i have to watch it again.I really thought it could have been stronger at the end...?

I recently saw 'Hollow man 2' that was good...

Final Destination 2 is good aswell...?

I watch too many at the moment, for a reason...! Isolating myself again nevermind.I'll pull through. .

I carnt Wait to see 'Pierits of the Carrabien' {sp}...its anoying.Soz...x

Anyway Big Hugs to yaz ALL.............. ....xxxx
Old 08-05-2006, 02:50 AM
  # 844 (permalink)  
Reason to believe

I heard from no less than 3 of my friends (all English teachers to foreign kids) that the DaVinci code is possibly the most awfully written book of all time. One of them couldn't get through the first page...so bad was the prose/narrative. I will check it out in the bookshop but I definitely ain't buying it before testing.
Apparently it's based on stuff that was written much better by some other guys in the 70's. I haven't seen the film so I can't really comment on that either. Enjoy...(maybe)
Old 08-05-2006, 02:34 PM
  # 845 (permalink)  

Well the flim was not that good so.They could of made it more understand able. Hello PapaG...

Your refering to 'the holy blood and the holy grail' wrote in the 70s.
I think they took Dan Brown to court over stealing the story...?
Dan Brown won the case.So money Speaks loud...!

Not impressed as a movie nut i was Happier with 'Hollow Man 2' ...?

................(((Lilya)))...........
Old 08-05-2006, 03:26 PM
  # 846 (permalink)  

Hello all of you! I was away for a while and needed it!

Reiki, donīt worry. This movie club will probably outlive us all. ,-

Hope youīre fedeling better, Arura. The heatwave has been absolutely terrible. What about you, PapaG? Arenīt you in Europe?

I saw the Da Vinci Code and didnīt think much of it. As if I believe that no guards are around the Pyramides in Louvres at midnight, let alone in the museum itself? No way! Itīs like going into an aeroport, the security is so tight. The suspension of disbelief is not working in that movie. And in the hall with the Mona Lisa? No way!

The film is just like the book. There is no real developement from itīs descriptions. Itīs flat and the characters are not really believable. I read the book as light entertainment, but I agree, itīs not very well written.

The main actors, Tom Hanks and Audrey Tautou, donīt seem to believe in their roles and they donīt seem to enjoy themselves. I found no chemistry between them and it was a shame. Just a sparkle would have been justifiable.

I read the Templarīs Revelation with interest. It made me want to read the banned books from the Bible, like the gospel of Mary Magdalene. I think Da Vinci code takes a lot from The Templarīs Revelations without crediting them. There was some talk of lawsuit against Dan Brown.

Hope to hear more on the subject.

Love and light,
Old 08-05-2006, 04:11 PM
  # 847 (permalink)  
Reason to believe

Hi Lilya,

The heatwave was terrible last week here in Austria, but we always have about two weeks of extreme hot weather each year. Contrary to popular belief, not all Austria is mountainous...where i live its about as flat as a steamrolled pancake. Thus we get a lot of strong wind and when it rains its horizontal.

I hanker often for a normal spring-type day! The months between November and April are freezing and grey. Then we get a month of semi-normal weather when we're infested with gnats that enjoy feeding on me like the miniature vampires that they are. Then it's blazing hot burning summer for a few weeks, then about one or two weeks of normal weather within a three month period of crzy extremity...rain, hail, scorching days and freezing nights. It's crazy and I never know what to expect. One thing is for sure, I would never trade it for that awful rain that seems to last for months in England and Wales - I don't miss that at all....

just those lovely spring days

Well, that about does it...sorry to rattle on but i am from a family of complainers
Old 08-05-2006, 05:45 PM
  # 848 (permalink)  

Miniature vampires, eh? I like that.

When I was in my teens, France or at least Paris had four seasons. Meaning: There was spring in April, summer in early June, autumn in September and winter in November. Now itīs all crazy! Iīve known snowfall in late April and then booming heatwave in May.The weather has gone nuts. August in Paris is the worst... the heat, the pollution... criminals everywhere. Anyway, itīs the same now most places in Europe, except Scandinavia, maybe.

Iīve been to Austria. I find it a beautiful country. I visited the little villages in the mountains and Salzburg and Vienna. Loved it.

Iīm watching old Truffaut movies right now.

Love and light,
Old 08-05-2006, 05:54 PM
  # 849 (permalink)  
Reason to believe

Lilya,

From the very little I've seen I really like french cinema...I used to watch french movies late at night on channel 4 in the uk. Austrian TV sucks and we don't get many european movies as such...just crappy German made for tv stuff. I love the film 'Subway' it's so quirky, but great

Scarily, the weather we're getting is due to Global Warming. It's so stupid - our beautiful planet has to be practically destroyed before any politician decides to do something about the mess the human race has created. They are more interested in sending 17 yr old boys to Iraq to kill and get killed.

What will it take? The president to get his stupid head sunburned in wintertime in order to reverse the effects of his and others blatant disregard for all that is sacred in the world?

I'm off to the mountains with my GF and boy later this month so we can enjoy what's left of the wonderful green forests and clear waters up there...and maybe breathe some fresh(ish) air.

PEACE
Old 08-06-2006, 03:53 PM
  # 850 (permalink)  
Reikihelps

you got it, Papa. Global warming it is. I think it should be renamed Global Heating. Did you see Al Gore's documentary called "An Inconvenient Truth" ?
It's very well done. Gore is so self assured and well spoken in it. And the data is compelling.
Old 08-06-2006, 11:58 PM
  # 851 (permalink)  
Reason to believe

I haven't seen it but thanks for the tip Reiki!
Old 08-07-2006, 08:09 AM
  # 852 (permalink)  

I havenīt seen it either... yet, but Iīm looking forward to. I have heard really good things about it.

I fear for my children and their children in the future. How do you think the weather will be like 50 years from now? What does Al Gore think in his documentary?

Love and light,
Old 08-07-2006, 01:32 PM
  # 853 (permalink)  

Hello Folks, my opionin on 'globle warming ' is that its too late. !
We cannot stop it now...!, we wont stop...! sitting around waiting for the 3rd ice age...?

The Keyoto protocol was'nt signed by America...?... and others...!

I aslo fear for my children.In England we Have 4 seasons, as a gardener i notice it lots in the plants aswell.Flowering 2/3 times instead of 1/2, its mad Lots of deep rooted Large shrubs are wilting...! water shortages.Record breaking temps ALL over the world...! They say London will flood in 50 yrs time as its ALL built on marsh land anyway...Its a natural flood plane...!Its ment to flood...!...History ...!

It Crazy why we cannot make a change. As its our Planet as well as the polatitions.
Move to the Hills and grow your own food is my plan...! whats yours...?

......(((Lilya))) hope your well my dear...X.......
Old 08-07-2006, 07:47 PM
  # 854 (permalink)  
Reikihelps

Al Gore is passionate and emphatic.....wants others, esp gov't, to acknowledge and address it and believes it is possible to slow it down considerably. Denial is catatrophic at best.
Watched an old flick - ready for this? Jane Eyre with George C. Scott. Ah! love that Jane : )
Old 08-08-2006, 12:24 AM
  # 855 (permalink)  

Thanks Reki, as i live in Britian i havent seen the show.So thanks for the info...!

Its gona be a movie night for me tonight...!

So bb here i come.....????.

.......(((Lilya))) hope your feeling good Sweetie.Big hugs for London

Right im off to go and water my garden...Only Love...X
Old 08-09-2006, 02:19 PM
  # 856 (permalink)  

Hi everybody!

They also said Venice would be sunken in the year 2000. Last time I went there, everything was fine. It was lately. I used to work in Venice as a model, isntīthat a laugh? Back then I went for summer takes and January takes, so I know the city really well. I also lived there for a spell. I donīt see many changes.

I can only do my share to stop the global warming, although I fear itīs too late, but I can teach my children and their friends what to do to minimize the harm. I donīt use my car in Paris, period. I use public transports. Thatīs my contribution. My work for Amnesty is incredibly demanding, and I have to focus on taking my small step to help stop violation of human rights in this world, one little step at the time... although I know there always will be craziness. We are now trying to stop the "blackholes" where prisoners, held without charges and with no human rights, are in awful, cruel conditions. The things Iīve seen... Itīs only a babystep at a time, but I feel better knowing that my contribution is there, for human rights. Otherwise I couldnīt live with myself after the things Iīve seen.

And a small gift on my way of redemption for old sins.

Reiki, I saw the the film you mean. Thatīs the best Jane I think.

Love and light,
Old 08-09-2006, 05:05 PM
  # 857 (permalink)  
Reikihelps

Amnesty International is a wonderful organization that does great work. Great choice for volunteerism, Lilya.
Maybe we should all meet in Venice and you can show us around : )
Haven't watched a film this week. Looking for a belly laugher. Any suggestions? Been reading a lot and (blush) watching Project Runway! Oh, reality tv, the bain of summer existence.
Old 08-09-2006, 05:09 PM
  # 858 (permalink)  
Reikihelps

p.s. Notice that 16,000 people have read this thread!!!!! geez. what a shock
Old 08-09-2006, 05:35 PM
  # 859 (permalink)  

16.000 people! Wonderful.

I recommend for a good laugh "Deconstructing Harry" by Woody Allen. Itīs the film where he is going to his old lycée to receive an award and shows up with a prostitute and a dead body. It works for me. Notice particularly the argument he has with his sister and her fanatic lover, then the story of the elderly ladies and the cannibal husband. The story about the young shoe salesman who takes on the identity of his rich friend to receive a prostitute... and Death comes to take him away... is also good. OK, no more spoilers, but all these stories and many more are in this one movie.

I can always watch this film and really laugh. I strongly recommend!

Arura a hug from France. Go see it too!

Love and light,
Old 08-09-2006, 07:47 PM
  # 860 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

I closed this thread for the Movie Club do to it's length.

Please continue to post on the Movie Club part II thread.

Thanks,

Pony