Notices

Self Injury

Old 05-10-2012, 10:09 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

post five

aaannnnddd post five....this is stupid how we have to have five posts before we can pm
Old 08-01-2012, 02:42 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

My name is Susan

Hi, I self injure through cutting. I belong to another group that works towards recovery through the 12 step program. I am trying to see if I can find a sponsor to help with the steps. I am doing horrible with them cause I'm not quite sure what I am doing. I have relapsed twice here recently, but before that I was clean for about 4 months. I'm really trying to quit. If anyone has been through the steps and can sponsor me, I would greatly appreciate it.
Old 08-28-2012, 09:20 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

hi, i self harm i usually cut my wrists & legs.. i have burned myself a couple time...
i am 3 weeks clean and really wanna quit. theres this guy that i really love and means the world to me, well he broke up with me 3 weeks ago cuz i relapsed.. it sucked bad!!! he said the only way we can get back together is i have to stop!! i had a reality check big time... i know im sick but i want to stop i want help. im very determined to stop and not just because of him but for me...

im in a 12 step program. and im looking for a sponser to help me throught this recovery please let me know if u can help . thanks and god bless
Old 02-18-2013, 12:20 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Els

I am glad to finally find a fourm that actually is supportive community then some Ive been to to try and help with it, and not getting " negitive" comments, I know that I hurt my shelf so \i can focus on the outside pain so I dont have to deal with the inside, but, I am slowly learning how to cope possitivly, but its not something thats goign to change over night thanks for all the tips and knowing thwt others are in the same spot
Old 05-26-2013, 08:36 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Light

Originally Posted by ClayTheScribe View Post

Cutting is an addiction, and like most addictions, if unchecked, progressively get worse and lead to darker places. The part that wants you to cut is not you, it is an illusion. It is your shadow, or dark side. It wants nothing else but for you to completely self-destruct and not just die, but not exist. When you cut yourself, you are hurting the light part of you, your inner child and she carries your pain and self-hatred, especially when you cut. Do not listen to the thoughts that encourage you to hurt yourself in any way, no matter how convincing they sound. The shadow is incredibly manipulative and will do anything to get you to sabotage yourself. Most of addiction is putting this part of yourself in check and in its place. It will always be a part of you, but it's place is in the backseat not in the front seat steering because it will drive you off a cliff if it gets the chance and that creates all kind of misery for the people who care about you.
Clay, no one has ever managed to put in to words how I feel, until now. Thank you. So much. x
Old 07-10-2013, 10:25 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Els View Post
I am glad to finally find a fourm that actually is supportive community then some Ive been to to try and help with it, and not getting " negitive" comments, I know that I hurt my shelf so \i can focus on the outside pain so I dont have to deal with the inside, but, I am slowly learning how to cope possitivly, but its not something thats goign to change over night thanks for all the tips and knowing thwt others are in the same spot
I'm glad to find this forum too
Old 09-27-2013, 11:55 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Myself as well, this forum is a very supportive and caring place. I really hope that I can help other members as much as they have helped me. I'm still not 100% yet, but I want to be. Here, I know I have help thanks to many generous members!
Old 10-23-2013, 01:52 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

I've had these tendancies since early on, I would compulsively pick at injuries from accidents and was sent to the school psychiatrist once or twice, neither could pin anything on me -
I recall one kid would get overstimulated and melt down he'd get sent to the corner to sit amongst pillows and books to chill whilst we (the normal) got different treatment.

Everything was (relatively, In a way) fine until I hit adolescence,
I'd become increasingly withdrawn and my sleep patterns became erratic.

My GP prescribed Chlorpromazine & Diazepam Woah!,
I was referred onto a psychiatrist within a matter of weeks &
Diagnosed with a Schizo-affective disorder I'm now taking Seroquel 300mg,
Whilst this keeps me from tipping into psychoses and maintaining regular sleep.

I have this feeling inside me sometimes It's like absolute poison...
I've felt so frustrated with myself that I take a panic attack,
Subsequently I'll bash my wrists / start rocking back and forth /
Become suicidal whilst not experiencing depression just...
from the actual state I get into and the fact It's a long-term ongoing issue.

Telling me to calm down is like telling a guy with Parkinsons to stop shaking,
I most likely become angry which I cannot express or cope with healthily.

Leading to guilt over my intense relationship,
Self-hatred leading to more relapses.

Old 01-10-2014, 09:25 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

I starte with citing then cig burns now car lighter. Afraid of what comes next.
Old 01-23-2014, 03:42 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Hurting ourselves intentionally with a small reason would regret in future. so we should think twice while doing it.
Old 01-25-2014, 12:43 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Abusing pills to self-harm

I have been alcohol-free for 3 years now, but I have turned to Tylenol PM as a way to sleep life away. I am taking WAY too much of it even though I know the risks of taking such a large amount. There is a voice inside of me that says you deserve to be hurt. I also suffer from severe depression and bi-polar disorder. I am hesitant to tell anyone because when I did tell on myself last March, I had to start all over again with clean time. I don't think I can go back to Step 1. Has anyone out there felt the same way?
Old 01-25-2014, 12:47 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think there are more important things than how much time you have mlorenc.

You could be doing some serious irreversible damage to your organs.

Please...do go see a Dr - they can check you over and hopefully take over some solutions - maybe arrange a referral to some kind of counsellor or therapist?

D
Old 01-25-2014, 07:52 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  
Grateful to be free

mlorenc7,

would you be comfortable starting a thread on this just below on the regular mental health forum?

Right now your post is part of a "sticky" and will not get read by as many people, and I think your issue is important and will benefit by being part of a discussion.

I have experience with self harm. I am also bi-polar.

Tylenol PM will destroy your liver. There are safer sleep meds, both Rx and over the counter. Please stop using the Tylenol PM today.

Are you on medication for your depression/bi-polar?

Which 12 step program are you a part of?

Do you engage in self harm other than the use of this medication?

I'm glad you came here with your situation, and hope that discussing it will bring clarity and relief.

(((((hugs)))))
Old 01-25-2014, 10:54 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Threshold. I'm not sure how to start a new thread, but I would be willing to do that.