Notices

The Quit Team Part 2

Old 10-12-2022, 08:05 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Fantastic FDM! Situations always change if given time.
And congrats on the six weeks! What a nice chunk of time and a feather in your cap.
Every time I've quit any mood/mind altering substance, I've had horrendous mood swings and downright depression/anxiety. I've always thought about it in the sense that I've been suppressing emotion with substances and when those substances are no longer being used, my mind and body are going make up for that suppression. Like a rubber band being pulled tight and then let go. You will heal, given the time to heal.

I'm doing great on the sobriety side of things. No thoughts of starting again, in fact, quite the opposite. Whenever I smell pot, I am very repelled by it. Never in a million years did I ever think I would get to this point, and I am overjoyed!

Keep up the good work, stay vigilant. stay present in the moment and try not to stress about the past or the future.
Old 10-12-2022, 08:56 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Thanks for your kind response Lynnmarie. It’s great to hear you have fully embraced a sober life and that you are doing so well.
Old 10-12-2022, 10:50 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Congrats.

I think it’s more that your go-to destresser is weed. Then you have a stressful situation and you can’t reach for your go-to, and you start freaking out. Long term it’s about learning that you can cope with stress without weed. Delighted that the new job worked out for you.

I definitely hear you about wanting to smoke when I’m no longer feeling stressed. Think it’s more a reward mechanism, you’ve done a stressful thing and want to reward yourself by getting stoned. But you’re doing great.
Old 10-12-2022, 12:31 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Thanks Ronantian, how are doing yourself?
Old 10-12-2022, 04:57 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats FDM and everyone

D
Old 10-14-2022, 01:42 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by FlyingDutchMan View Post
Thanks Ronantian, how are doing yourself?
Back on track again now, and doing well. Thanks
Old 10-19-2022, 01:04 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Seven weeks ago to this day I smoked my last joint. On one hand, it feels like “only” seven weeks, but on the other hand it feels like ages ago. A lot has happened since when I think back on it. Still struggling a little bit to fill my evenings in a meaningful way, especially on the weekends, but I must not forget that I am not tired all the time anymore and there are many more benefits than just that. At night I sleep very well but the dreams are so intense (not scary btw) that it surprises me I feel so rested in the morning.

I hope you are doing equally well and if you are struggling or not managing a day 1: reach out.
Old 10-19-2022, 01:32 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Administrator

Seven weeks is great FDM. Sounds like some real change is happening for you

D
Old 10-19-2022, 07:34 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Seven weeks ago to this day I smoked my last joint. On one hand, it feels like “only” seven weeks, but on the other hand it feels like ages ago. A lot has happened since when I think back on it. Still struggling a little bit to fill my evenings in a meaningful way, especially on the weekends, but I must not forget that I am not tired all the time anymore and there are many more benefits than just that. At night I sleep very well but the dreams are so intense (not scary btw) that it surprises me I feel so rested in the morning.

I hope you are doing equally well and if you are struggling or not managing a day 1: reach out.
You awesome FDM. Seven weeks will become 70 weeks. Just keep going. We can have accountability partner.

Old 11-06-2022, 08:54 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Hello my dear sober friends, I am nearing the nine week mark. As expected it gets harder to stay motivated. The thoughts of having a smoke are less frequent but the ones I have are pretty convincing. I am trying to play the tape forward every time and I try to focus on the positive sides of my journey.

My mental well being still isn’t where it should be, but the anxiety has gone. I just feel frustrated easily and I seem to be in a negative mood too much to my liking. Gotta keep an eye on that.

Hope you are all doing fine!
Old 11-06-2022, 10:18 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Well done! Keep it up!
For me, it got so much better with time. I was at least 3 months in before I really felt I could stay clean and sober.
Your brain and body are still adjusting. Just give it time.
I like your new profile picture, btw!
Old 11-06-2022, 02:02 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  
Administrator

great going FDM
Hi Lynnemarie!

D
Old 11-06-2022, 02:37 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Hey Dee,
How's it going?
Old 11-06-2022, 07:28 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  
Administrator

Good thanks lynnemarie - hope things are good for you too

D
Old 11-10-2022, 02:12 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

I am nearing the nine week mark.
Well whaddayaknow…I missed a whole week. I am well over ten weeks already. Small calculation error from my side. Time flies

Old 11-14-2022, 04:01 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Well done FDM. 10 weeks is great. I think the trick is to learn new ways of coping with frustration and low mood. Your body is also relearning how to regulate hormones with weed, so don’t be too hard on yourself.

I’m back on track again too. But have been isolating with covid for the past 10 days. Very mild symptoms, thankfully. Starting to feel the cabin fever now and hoping I test negative today.
Old 11-14-2022, 11:49 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Good work Ronantian, and very glad to hear your COVID symptoms are only mild. If I remember correctly you were quite anxious about the whole COVID situation a while ago?

Tomorrow will be 11 weeks for me, almost three months. A nice start but still a long way to go.
Old 11-14-2022, 01:04 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congratulations FDM

Hope you feel totally better soon Ronantian

D
Old 11-15-2022, 02:50 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Yes FDM, I was anxious about it last year. Thankfully it’s really mild for me, at this point I have no symptoms, but just want to stop testing positive. I’m ending isolation tomorrow, but would prefer to do it with a negative test.
Old 11-23-2022, 12:12 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Hello everyone, first post here.

I'm past 13 months sober from weed (2 years from alcohol), going through PAWS since month 3. Feeling quite hopeless at the moment, struggling with anxiety and intrusive thoughts, i've been reading a lot about PAWS since the beginning of it, i know it's our brain trying to find a balance, i know it can takes up to 2 years, i know it's not gonna last forever, but i'm getting tired of it..... I'd love to hear from people who are fully healed from PAWS.
I smoked for 2 decades, i'm 39yo.
Will from Belgium.

Ps : sorry for my broken English, not a native speaker.