Notices

Finally Ready to Kick The Habbit

Old 10-15-2021, 02:48 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Two weeks already?! Nice! Congratulations on that.
Old 10-15-2021, 03:48 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Thanks FDM. How are you doing? I know you said the weekends are harder.
Old 10-15-2021, 06:03 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

I’m doing ok, but my mind is very hectic at the moment. But it always is, to be honest. The weekend is about to start here, two more hours of work. It will be busy for sure, lots of things planned.

To be more specific in regards to my statement about the weekends: the evenings in the weekends are always the hardest. I have two (relatively) small children so my options are limited and in my approximately 25 years as a daily user, I have never ever been an all-day-every-day-smoker. I do all that I have to do, and at nine o’clock in the evening I start having a little me-time.

I’m full of doubts if I’m being honest. I know what’s the right thing to do but I keep re-evaluating my decisions. Usually that ends in the same way. The not-good-way.

Thanks for asking btw, I appreciate it.

Keep acing it, don’t let my wavering influence you. And have a great weekend!
Old 10-15-2021, 06:46 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Thanks FDM. You can only try your best.
Old 10-16-2021, 02:55 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Day 15, still some morning anxiety. Sleeping a bit better, still with antihistamines, but getting through it. Hope you’re all doing well?
Old 10-16-2021, 04:09 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Congrats on day 15 Ronantian, great milestone.
What changes are you noticing?
Better focus? Less anxiety? Better energy overall?

Keep the good work
Old 10-16-2021, 05:54 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Still suffering with anxiety, but pushed myself to go to town and shopping with my partner. I’m still pretty scared about COVID, so that was big for me. I’ve noticed that my short term memory is improving too.
Old 10-17-2021, 01:43 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Day 16, slept last night without antihistamines for the first time since I quit. Slowly beginning to feel stronger and more capable. Hope everyone is doing well.
Old 10-17-2021, 04:30 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by FlyingDutchMan View Post
I’m doing ok, but my mind is very hectic at the moment. But it always is, to be honest. The weekend is about to start here, two more hours of work. It will be busy for sure, lots of things planned.

To be more specific in regards to my statement about the weekends: the evenings in the weekends are always the hardest. I have two (relatively) small children so my options are limited and in my approximately 25 years as a daily user, I have never ever been an all-day-every-day-smoker. I do all that I have to do, and at nine o’clock in the evening I start having a little me-time.

I’m full of doubts if I’m being honest. I know what’s the right thing to do but I keep re-evaluating my decisions. Usually that ends in the same way. The not-good-way.

Thanks for asking btw, I appreciate it.

Keep acing it, don’t let my wavering influence you. And have a great weekend!
I wonder what else might call to you as rewarding and positive during 'me time'?

Old 10-17-2021, 04:33 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ronantian View Post
Day 16, slept last night without antihistamines for the first time since I quit. Slowly beginning to feel stronger and more capable. Hope everyone is doing well.
Way to go, Ronantian!!!

Hey - by the way, it sure is nice having you here and seeing at least ONE other lone No-Weed Warrior out there doing it!!!! lol.

In some ways the scarcity of people who see any reason to eliminate weed was a challenge for me along this journey. Hasn't been this time, but if feels good to have company nonetheless.

You, too, FDM!!

Let's keep this life of presence and clarity and richness without escapism rolling!

Old 10-18-2021, 02:25 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Day 17, anxiety still lingering in the mornings, but getting better in the evenings. No desire to use again though and feel good about my progress. Hope everyone is doing well?
Old 10-19-2021, 05:05 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Day 18 and staying strong. Still worrying about Covid, but no cravings are anything like that.
Old 10-19-2021, 12:06 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

You’re doing great man, 18 days is a real accomplishment. Keep it up, and although this is easier than it sounds: don’t try to worry too much. Or look into meditation, an interesting way to deal with / control certain thoughts.

Whatever you do, be proud of yourself!
Old 10-19-2021, 06:31 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats on day 18 ronantian

One thing I'm glad about in the pandemic is I quit smoking weed a long time ago - I dunno about anyone else here but my lungs need all the help they can get.

D
Old 10-20-2021, 03:00 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee. My problem was that I was using to avoid thinking about the pandemic. Still worried about it, despite being vaccinated. Feel pathetic that I’m so scared.
Old 10-20-2021, 03:25 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hear you Ronantian. I’m vulnerable on a few health fronts so despite being double vaxxed, I’m not exactly whistling in the park…

fears a potent thing, but so is faith and I have faith that most of us (including you and I) will get through this.

I’ve been so anxious at times I’ve stopped listening to news…but…I haven’t drunk or smoked so…it’s possible

my recovery is not dependent on any situation…it’s total

D

Old 10-20-2021, 03:57 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Yes Dee, this time I’ve accepted that weed is just going to make me feel worse. I’m putting in work on other more beneficial strategies and started counselling last week. I’m never going to turn to weed again because it is part of the problem, not the solution.

I should feel really safe because I’m 38, have no underlying health conditions and I’m vaccinated. But I keep thinking that I’ll be the exception, or someone I love will get it bad. Just wish we were out of it.
Old 10-20-2021, 01:28 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  
Administrator

Me too, man, me too.

D
Old 10-21-2021, 03:12 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Day 20. Feels good to have made it this far. Still strongly believe that I’m never going back. Thanks for the support everyone
Old 10-21-2021, 01:19 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  

20 days, that’s almost three weeks. Wow, very well done, treat yourself to something nice. You deserve it.