Notices

Finally Ready to Kick The Habbit

Old 10-10-2021, 08:15 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Hey freeowl, well done on all the work you’re putting in. I agree that the belief that weed is good for your mental health is a real barrier to quitting. Can’t think of how many times I’ve convinced myself that it’s helping me. What I actually find is that it pushes things down and down until I end up in crisis. I’m lucky that I live somewhere that hasn’t decriminalised it. Must be so much harder if you can just pop down to the shop to buy some.

Today my mood has started to improve, first time in a few months that I’ve felt happy without being high.
Old 10-10-2021, 08:55 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ronantian View Post
Hey freeowl, well done on all the work you’re putting in. I agree that the belief that weed is good for your mental health is a real barrier to quitting. Can’t think of how many times I’ve convinced myself that it’s helping me. What I actually find is that it pushes things down and down until I end up in crisis. I’m lucky that I live somewhere that hasn’t decriminalised it. Must be so much harder if you can just pop down to the shop to buy some.

Today my mood has started to improve, first time in a few months that I’ve felt happy without being high.
The legalization was definitely a factor that put my issue into overdrive.... I live in a town where there are literally weed shops across the street from weed shops in multiple places.

Old 10-10-2021, 10:11 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ronantian View Post
The problem with western culture (and maybe all cultures) is that people seem to have a hard time seeing the big picture. They focus in on one narrow aspect of something and decide that's what that thing is. That view gets passed around over and over until it becomes truth, even if it's not. Everything is a spectrum, cannabis can be medicine for some people but it can also be a serious problem for a lot us. Both things can be true at once. The danger is in allowing culture to write our story for us. The thing is though, we know what's good for us and what isn't. There's a quiet voice that sits somewhere beyond the ego that pulls us in certain directions. If we learn to listen to it we can hear it cry out when we do things that betray who we really are. The hardest thing to do is to learn to listen to that voice. We want to be a part of something, we want to feel like we belong. It can be disorienting and difficult to stand alone and write our own personal story. The benefit though is that when we are true to ourselves, we will only hold onto the people and things that are truly good for us.
Old 10-11-2021, 02:26 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Exactly Admiral, you have to do the things that are good for you.

Still anxious this morning but had slightly better sleep and better day yesterday. Day 10 today and staying strong.
Old 10-11-2021, 02:33 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Admiral View Post
The problem with western culture (and maybe all cultures) is that people seem to have a hard time seeing the big picture. They focus in on one narrow aspect of something and decide that's what that thing is. That view gets passed around over and over until it becomes truth, even if it's not. Everything is a spectrum, cannabis can be medicine for some people but it can also be a serious problem for a lot us. Both things can be true at once. The danger is in allowing culture to write our story for us. The thing is though, we know what's good for us and what isn't. There's a quiet voice that sits somewhere beyond the ego that pulls us in certain directions. If we learn to listen to it we can hear it cry out when we do things that betray who we really are. The hardest thing to do is to learn to listen to that voice. We want to be a part of something, we want to feel like we belong. It can be disorienting and difficult to stand alone and write our own personal story. The benefit though is that when we are true to ourselves, we will only hold onto the people and things that are truly good for us.
Well said, Admiral.

Ronantian - well done on 10 days!! That's fantastic.

Old 10-11-2021, 04:57 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Congrats on 10 days Ronantian
You should begin to have a bit more focus when you concentrate.
Old 10-11-2021, 05:42 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Canadian Koala View Post
Congrats on 10 days Ronantian
You should begin to have a bit more focus when you concentrate.
Unfortunately my anxiety is disrupting my concentration, but feeling a lot more hopeful overall. Thanks
Old 10-12-2021, 12:01 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

How are you doing today? I hope a little better, give yourself a big pat on the back for those sober days. It’s not easy what you are doing.

Have a good one!
Old 10-12-2021, 01:21 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Administrator

congrats on your progress ronantian
D
Old 10-12-2021, 02:42 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Doing slightly better today, still no intention of going back.
Old 10-12-2021, 11:49 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

That’s the spirit!
Old 10-13-2021, 07:54 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Day 12, still riding out the anxiety. But I am strong enough to get through this.
Old 10-13-2021, 07:55 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Keep it going, it will get better.
Old 10-14-2021, 02:12 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Start counselling today, think it will help to talk things through with a professional. Day 13, nearly two weeks and really think I can stay the course.
Old 10-14-2021, 02:13 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  
Administrator

You’re doing great Ronantian

D
Old 10-14-2021, 05:00 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Awesome attitude, hope the counselling does you good. You’ve got our support.
Old 10-14-2021, 05:50 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee and FDM. I’m doing better today, and this place has really helped in talking to people that recognise it’s a real addiction.
Old 10-15-2021, 01:51 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Day 14, feeling so much more positive about things. Anxiety is reducing gradually and feel more like myself
Old 10-15-2021, 02:25 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  
Administrator

Well done on two weeks

D
Old 10-15-2021, 02:38 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee, started counselling yesterday and it went really well. Have begun to realise that my addiction is related to low self confidence and the weed was keeping me a cycle of seeing myself as a failure. I still have a lot of work to do, but for the first time in my life I feel ready to do it.