Notices

Still Struggling

Old 11-03-2020, 03:24 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Still Struggling

Hey everyone. I've lurked around here for some time. I do check in just to read occasionally to keep myself grounded.

I quit drinking a few years ago to success, very fortunately. Admittedly, I've still been struggling with marijuana. I'm seeing some of the same habits manifest themselves through pot that I incurred (or induced?) while drinking. Like everyone says, it is easier to see it as much more innocuous.

I started smoking again after I quit drinking. I should know better. I do know that I'm doing it to fill that void of my depression and anxiety. I also know it's exacerbating my depression and anxiety through addiction. I have kind of turned into a bit of a burn out.

I have seen a sober me in the past, and I hope I can achieve that again. I'm very fortunate to be in a place in life where I take care of myself, so I can see this through with help. I do want to get better. I'm making this post to keep myself accountable today, and I will look inward and outward for ways to keep myself accountable. Sober recovery is a really appreciated resource.
Old 11-03-2020, 03:38 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome to the forum RaiseAnchor - good to see you again
sounds like you know what you need to do - you'll find support here to put down the weed and keep it down

D
Old 11-03-2020, 06:28 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

You can do it. Just quit at whatever cost. You will feel better in due time and you will thank yourself then.