Notices

Here I Am....

Old 03-29-2020, 10:14 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Here I Am....

2 years later with a new addiction. It used to be alcohol... but this seems like it will be harder because it's not COMPLETELY ruining my life... yet. Today is day 1!
Old 03-29-2020, 12:44 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I can relate to the fact that using weed doesn’t feel like a life or death thing. Slowly learning to appreciate my every day as moments worth living sober for. I’m with you! Congrats for having the courage to fight.
Old 03-29-2020, 02:42 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I dont think I can do this. I'm scared of withdrawls on top of it all. Especially with no work cause of the coronavirus, I'm anxious and bored. I've just been delaying it an hour at a time... reading posts are helping.
Old 03-29-2020, 04:57 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi and welcome to the forum LoveFor Me

I smoked weed for 30 years and, while the withdrawal wasn't fun, it was much much less than alcohol withdrawal later.

I had some sweating, a little difficulty sleeping and I was very irritable and moody.

After a week, I felt much better.

The mental addiction - the 'pot's not that bad is it?' kind of stuff lasted a lot longer.

But yes, I believe pot is that bad. It came to rule my life, just like alcohol did.

Don;t give up!
Old 03-30-2020, 05:34 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

You can do it, LoveForMe. Don't give up.
Old 04-02-2020, 02:46 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I generally look at addiction as the disease with drug of choice being a technicality. Until you stop using everything, this isn't going to go away.
While weed may not be completely ruining your life so to speak, it's having a negative impact that's strong enough to make you want to overcome addiction. That's significant, given how strong the grip of addiction can be.

There are also a couple things you said that stick out. One is "I don't think I can do this." Deep down, that isn't true. There's something in you that believes you can, otherwise you would've never tried or ever posted in this forum. There would be no point. What is the purpose of saying you can't succeed? You're just giving yourself an out. You're saying failure is okay; expected even.

I know how terrifying the prospect of living without drugs is. Withdrawal is scary. How do you get through? You say the exact opposite of what you said. When you're lost in the dark jungle of the early days, your brain's desire for the quick dopamine release will cause it to play unbelievable tricks on you. The justifications for using that you'll come up with are eerily powerful. The only way to not fall for them is to eliminate using as an option for you. Take it hour by hour if you must. You can get through one, you can get through another. I know that the current state of the world will make things difficult. So what? Tell your disease to f*** off. Tell it that you'll do it in a tough time anyway, just to simply to rub it in it's face.
Old 04-04-2020, 03:12 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Good luck on your journey on getting fully sober. I smoked weed only occasionally down the years. But when I did I defiantly overindulged. It never caused the problems that alcohol did but I know If I try smoking it again it will lead to drink and probably worse.

Your story isn't an uncommon one for us addicts though. I'm sure you'll be able to do this too