Notices

Crazy out there !

Old 12-12-2019, 08:16 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Crazy out there !

I gotta be honest I’m not sure I really want to stop. It’s crazy out there. I live in a legal state and have a med card. It seems like the world has decided it is okay to be high all the time now that’s it’s considered medicine. And all the different ways one can ingest thc it’s a whole lifestyle thing. There are so many different candies, gummies, wax, batter, shatter, brownies etc. so much to try and it seems like everyone is doing it. It’s like the world has agreed that it’s okay to be stoned all the time if you don’t like the way you feel just have an edible ! Wtf is going on out there ? I need to hear some reasons not to continue down this road or I am not sure I will be able to stop.
Old 12-12-2019, 09:12 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

it's not that crazy when you want to be sober.

I'm fine with legalization and people who have legit medical reasons and so on.

But it has no bearing on me as my choice and what's in my best interest is sobriety.

You have to want to quit, tho. The rest is just details.
Old 12-12-2019, 09:29 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Yeah thanks. Sobriety is probably best but I’m having a hard time believing it since I’ve started with the MJ. Alcohol got me in lots of trouble while the weed seems to be helping me.
Old 12-12-2019, 09:40 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Blusteele I live in a legal state too. No medical card is needed, there are stores all over the place.

I have exactly zero interaction with marijuana. It isn't in my social circle, it isn't allowed at work (they still test for it) and it plays no part in my life at all. If people start using it around me I walk away and I don't spend time with those people again.

It's up to you. You've chosen to bring it into your life. I've chosen not to.

Read around the marijuana forum here. No one here is going to say, "Go for it." This is a recovery from drugs forum. Sobriety is the goal.

Lives are ruined by any addictive drug, and using it to change how I feel would be the same slippery slope as alcohol.
Old 12-12-2019, 10:36 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks. I understand.
Old 12-12-2019, 10:51 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Here's a few reasons.

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...hout-weed.html (Reasons Life is Better Without Weed)

The main reason I quit was that it was making me unhappy and not serving any purpose at all. No regrets. In fact, the number of times I am thankful I quit greatly outweigh the number of the increasingly diminishing thoughts of wanting it.
Old 12-12-2019, 05:58 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

The worlds agreed that drinking alcohol is OK but I don't do that either.

People proclaiming the goodness of MJ is not new. People were pushing that in the early 80s when I started.

I know I gave up pot for various good reasons.
It did not improve me or my life.

It stole my creativity, it gave me lung problems, it made me paranoid and sapped my ambition.

It led me into people places and things I'm ashamed of now.
Much regret.

My life is immeasurable richer now.

What other people do or say is really immaterial blusteele.
If you thought pot was really good for you, you wouldn't be here, right?

It might be crazy out there but once I close my front door it's pretty peaceful. I don't want to join the crazy...

D
Old 12-13-2019, 12:57 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Well, I quit MJ (like, finished my dab in the last hour) because I do not like what it is doing to my brain or my life. Other people who use MJ are not suffering the same effects, just like most people who drink do not suffer the same effects that I did when I drank. Those of us who recovered from alcoholism did so in a world where alcohol is synonymous with celebration and socializing. There was beer in my fridge for my first decade of sobriety because my husband did not quit drinking too.

Quitting drinking was, hands down, the best, most self-loving thing I have done in my life. I have gone through some **** in the last decade, like full-scale Black Mirror scary stuff. Every day I have spent not drinking, no matter how awful it was, was better than being a practicing alcoholic. I don't expect giving up MJ to be as rewarding since the dependence is not so physically grueling as alcoholism. But I do expect that my life will be better without MJ. I bet yours will be too.
Old 12-14-2019, 02:38 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by TracyToast View Post
Well, I quit MJ (like, finished my dab in the last hour) because I do not like what it is doing to my brain or my life. Other people who use MJ are not suffering the same effects, just like most people who drink do not suffer the same effects that I did when I drank. Those of us who recovered from alcoholism did so in a world where alcohol is synonymous with celebration and socializing. There was beer in my fridge for my first decade of sobriety because my husband did not quit drinking too.

Quitting drinking was, hands down, the best, most self-loving thing I have done in my life. I have gone through some **** in the last decade, like full-scale Black Mirror scary stuff. Every day I have spent not drinking, no matter how awful it was, was better than being a practicing alcoholic. I don't expect giving up MJ to be as rewarding since the dependence is not so physically grueling as alcoholism. But I do expect that my life will be better without MJ. I bet yours will be too.

quitting drinking was, hands down, the best, most self-loving thing I have done in my life. I have gone through some **** in the last decade, like full-scale Black Mirror scary stuff. Every day I have spent not drinking, no matter how awful it was, was better than being a practicing alcoholic. I don't expect giving up MJ to be as rewarding since the dependence is not so physically grueling as alcoholism. But I do expect that my life will be better without MJ. I bet yours will be too.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
thank you for posting this! I am quitting alcohol. I have been struggling. This just enforces my resolve thank you