Notices

Day 5

Old 04-30-2019, 07:48 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 5

I still am feeling the effects of the withdrawals but I am hanging in there. I texted the person I buy from and said I wouldn’t be buying any on Thursday when my check comes in.

Old 04-30-2019, 08:36 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

First week is rough! You are doing great. Hang in there
Old 04-30-2019, 10:59 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Pacoloco View Post
First week is rough! You are doing great. Hang in there
thank you for your words of encouragement. The money I was going to spend on green is going to fix my apt. At least it is something to show instead of it going up in smoke.
Old 05-01-2019, 08:18 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

You are doing great. Quitting weed is a bliss.
Old 05-01-2019, 08:32 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Here's my idea:

Delete that dealer from your phone. You have no need to let him/her know you aren't buying any more. Clean break.

Bye, Felicia.
Old 05-01-2019, 10:25 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

The person I bought from is my friend’s mom. They helped me when I moved here and I help them. I have thought about deleting them but they are like family. It is me who has to say no.

As long as they can respect me in my desire not to use than we can still be friends. They respect that I don’t really like to drink as I don’t like the taste. Marijuana was my drug of choice.

I am hoping that in time they will see how better life is without beer and thc pens/ green.

I know that I cannot continue spending money on marijuana and starve for two weeks because I bought green. Yes it helps the pain but at what price? I am not insane and this forum helped me in 2012 when I got off the prescription pills.

Am strong enough to say no.

Last edited by Ohiochrissy; 05-01-2019 at 10:32 AM. Reason: Grammar
Old 05-01-2019, 03:38 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

Well my dealer was my friend too - I thought - but it turned out he didn't like losing a smoking buddy and he definitely didn't like when one of his most regular sources of income dried up.

He tried every trick in the book from free samples to spontaneously coming round with full bag to get me to start smoking again.

Then he badmouthed me to everyone I knew saying I'd stolen this or taken that or ripped him off here...

I hope your experience is better Chrissy.

D
Old 05-01-2019, 04:10 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Well my dealer was my friend too - I thought - but it turned out he didn't like losing a smoking buddy and he definitely didn't like when one of his most regular sources of income dried up.

He tried every trick in the book from free samples to spontaneously coming round with full bag to get me to start smoking again.

Then he badmouthed me to everyone I knew saying I'd stolen this or taken that or ripped him off here...

I hope your experience is better Chrissy.

D
i hope so too.

I am strong willed and as I said I am not insane enough to think I can do the same thing again and again and think I will get a different result then throwing my limited income to the wind.

I know that they have a disease. I also know because I come from a family that has a problem with booze the way it kills. I was told many years ago by a good friend of my dad who was sober for years who worried about my drinking and so he took me to an AA meeting. They said I didn’t have a problem yet but if I kept drinking I would have. They didn’t know if it was the next drink or not. I listened and so I keep away.

I have walked away from green before too. I have an addictive personality and I pray I can walk away this time. I gave up the pain pills I got from the doctor years ago when I saw signs of addiction and the withdrawals were hell but this forum helped me.

I am reaching out to make friends who do not use. Yes my good friend drinks and has a problem. She has to want to see the truth like I did and decide to stop. So far she is in denial.

I am hoping that when she comes back to Ohio she will see that life is better without booze or the THC pens. She believes the lies that there is nothing addictive about marijuana. I want to pay it forward and be a Ken to her. ken was my fathers friend who said at my dads funeral that when he was drinking and everybody turned on him my dad stood by him and helped him work the AA program that saved his life.

She is out of state for a month so we will see what happens at her birthday party.

I guess I am lucky that my dads friend cared enough years ago to intervene and I was smart enough to listen to him and his as friends.

Thank you for being here for us.

Last edited by Ohiochrissy; 05-01-2019 at 04:23 PM. Reason: Grammar
Old 05-01-2019, 04:29 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ohiochrissy View Post

i hope so too.

I am strong willed and as I said I am not insane enough to think I can do the same thing again and again and think I will get a different result then throwing my limited income to the wind.

I know that they have a disease. I also know because I come from a family that has a problem with booze the way it kills. I was told many years ago by a good friend of my dad who was sober for years who worried about my drinking and so he took me to an AA meeting. They said I didn’t have a problem yet but if I kept drinking I would have. They didn’t know if it was the next drink or not. I listened and so I keep away.

I have walked away from green before too. I have an addictive personality and I pray I can walk away this time. I gave up the pain pills I got from the doctor years ago when I saw signs of addiction and the withdrawals were hell but this forum helped me.

I am reaching out to make friends who do not use. Yes my good friend drinks and has a problem. She has to want to see the truth like I did and decide to stop. So far she is in denial.

I am hoping that when she comes back to Ohio she will see that life is better without booze or the THC pens. She believes the lies that there is nothing addictive about marijuana. I want to pay it forward and be a Ken to her. ken was my fathers friend who said at my dads funeral that when he was drinking and everybody turned on him my dad stood by him and helped him work the AA program that saved his life.

She is out of state for a month so we will see what happens at her birthday party.

I guess I am lucky that my dads friend cared enough years ago to intervene and I was smart enough to listen to him and his AA friends.

Thank you for being here for us as this forum saves lives
Had a few misspelling mistakes and it wouldn’t let me edit it after 15 minutes. Hope it reads what I want now. I have dyslexia and so sometimes it takes me longer than that to make sure it is right lol.
Old 05-01-2019, 05:02 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

Noones marking anyone's typing skillz or grammar here - 'scool

D