Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Drug Addiction > Marijuana Addiction
Reload this Page >

Anyone getting off of Cannabis Capsules/Tinctures?

Notices

Old 02-20-2019, 09:03 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hello, in an effort to quit alcohol, I turned to what seemed like a healthier option for depression and anxiety.
II am not a smoker, but am in California so there are dozens of different cannabis products available including various capsules, edibles ect.
Some are THC/CBD combos and some are CBD alone.
At first I think it helped but now I feel like my depression is increasing.
Has anyone been through this? I have not tried to completely quit cannabis but have been successful with quitting alcohol.
My anxiety tripled when I quit drinking so am hoping someone can shed some light on what to expect?
Many thanks,
Old 02-20-2019, 03:52 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi melski

My experience predates CBD preparations and tinctures but my experience with pot is that it deepened my depression and anxiety and even induced some short term paranoia and a state of mind that made me fear at some points that I was becoming schizophrenic.

My totally layperson anecdotal experience is when you become dependent on something you get a withdrawal anxiety when you're not using it which can snowball.

The paranoia and other mental issues can be explained by the sheer volume I was smoking.

The good news is that although the first weeks after I quit pot were not fun, I was feeling much better after a week or two.

D
Old 02-20-2019, 07:11 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I quit alcohol while still using marijuana. I made the excuse that my use was helping me quit the booze.
I suffered terribly with PAWS. Mostly depression and irritability. And the pot made it worse. I'd be feeling horrible and would think...oh, a toke will make me feel better. And every time I finished I was practically in tears and worse off than before.
So glad I finally woke up and quit pot too. Life is so much better.
Old 02-21-2019, 05:39 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee, thanks lynnmarie for sharing your experiences.
It's been 24 hours without "substances" of any kind.
My sense is the cleaner one gets, the less tolerance we have for things that pull us from our center, be they substances, toxic situations and people or anything else.
That's a good thing! I hope the PAWS will not be as bad as it was after alcohol but will persevere.
Have a great day
Old 02-21-2019, 07:21 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I tried CBD oil for 1 month. It did nothing. I used to smoke weed many years ago and it gave me terrible anxiety. I just passed the 10 month alcohol free milestone yesterday. My anxiety is almost completely gone.Your brain want heal if your using THC.