Notices

I can't seem to quit

Old 10-10-2018, 03:26 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Lpg

I can't seem to quit

Hey,

Back again, this week IV gave myself a day one twice and failed miserably.

I haven't bought any weed for over a week ran out the other night and have been desperately scrapping the keif out the bottom grinder, if that's not desperate to get high I don't know what is. It's scaring me how much I can't seem to put it down. Going to try again today. I was going to buy more today but have decided against it. Feel like such a failure I keep coming back here to post day 1s.
Old 10-10-2018, 04:40 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

hello! how long have you smoked for how long have you been trying to quit for? hang in there- just keep trying I guess! read my posts you can see I can relate! Lets see what happens if we just persevere. I Am on day 4 and so full of self loathing and hating my life but I feel like if I can get through it maybe I can recreate a better life down the road. I hope so hang in there.
Old 10-10-2018, 04:59 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Lpg

Originally Posted by Windytown View Post
hello! how long have you smoked for how long have you been trying to quit for? hang in there- just keep trying I guess! read my posts you can see I can relate! Lets see what happens if we just persevere. I Am on day 4 and so full of self loathing and hating my life but I feel like if I can get through it maybe I can recreate a better life down the road. I hope so hang in there.
Hey windy well done on day 4.

IV smoked daily for 3 years now, IV been trying to quit since around may time this year. I managed 2 weeks after my holiday then anxiety got the better of me and I needed to 'chill out', again using anxiety as an excuse to use something to take the edge off.

I know how you feel windy I feel much the same. Yes let's persevere! 🙏
Old 10-10-2018, 05:14 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

The thing about weed and anxiety is, over time, it actually increases anxiety because we become dependent on it and when we're not smoking, we freak out.

It's not fun to deal with the anxiety but its not a forever problem either,. Things will get better - so long as you make the commitment not to keep adding to the problem.

D
Old 10-10-2018, 08:15 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

When your values trump your addiction, there is no addiction.

Dennis Prager, at Prager University, summarizes what is most important in life. "What is the most important thing in life? Money? Happiness? Love? Those things are certainly important, but what matters most is good values. What are values? They are what we consider more important than our feelings. For instance, just about everyone feels like eating junk food, but if you eat whatever you feel like eating you will end up obese and unhealthy. So then, what stops people from eating all the food they feel like eating? The answer is good values. Indeed a lack of good values is the root of virtually everything wrong with the world. We should act based on values rather than our feelings."
Old 10-10-2018, 09:44 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I wish I had some wonderful words of insight for you.
All I have to offer is you'll stop when the desire to quit is greater than the desire to smoke, when the positives of quitting outweigh the negatives.
Have you read the sticky about the reasons for quitting? By far, my favorite post on this whole forum.
Good luck, but really, luck has nothing to do with it.
Old 10-10-2018, 06:28 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Don't feel bad about scraping kief I've done that many a time and smoked really old weed and some that was already vaped and resin. That doesn't make you a crazy addict just someone with little self-control. But once I used up all possibilities of getting high then I stopped getting high.

I've had to stop completely and detox a lot whenever I'd change jobs. Without that incentive I'd be too panicked to spend even a day without weed. Sometimes when I'd stop burning I'd drink heavily or smoke cigarettes because I couldn't managed my stress and those both made me feel worse. But the more times you break the cycle the easier it gets.

Just don't buy more weed. You'll be amazed how easy it can be when you make yourself busy and don't have it available. Sometimes it's hard to sleep or eat, that's where exercise helps. But you have to want to stop or need to stop. If you don't want to stop enough to stop buying it then you won't stop.