Notices

my update

Old 10-08-2018, 07:57 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

my update

hi day 2 so I did two weeks a couple weeks ago and it was a weird time- I ended up getting this random inner ear virus that gave me vertigo and then dizziness for weeks- and the whole thing was super scary- drove me back to pot. smoked again for two weeks and got rid of it al yesterday and am on day 2. feel pretty committed and challenged this time. I have also started working with a new naturopathic doctor. I have a lot of anxiety and she said it has to do with certain minerals in my body- specifically a zinc copper ratio imbalance- anyway she started me on zinc and we are doing a few other things and she says my anxiety should decrease a lot so that is hopeful

I know pot makes me more anxious I am just so tired of being so addicted but man it seems I usually get to two weeks sober and then fail-- but this time I am trying a lot harder. I know only I can carry myself through this. day 2
Old 10-08-2018, 08:06 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Blue Belt

Win,

Glad you posted this. I experimented w pot as a kid. I quit pot and took up drinking.

I am done drinking and am thinking about pot again.

It is legal where I live and I crave a high. I am an addict for life.

When I quit drinking my anxiety was devastating. It took well over 2 years to really settle down. I am well over 3 years super clean and the world is a whole new and awesome place.

My guess is pot causes similar brain damage issues as booze.

So, your post reminded me to not even try it again.

Just don't do it.

My drugs are coffee and sugar. I would like to quit sugar too, but I love dessert etc. So much, quitting it would turn me into a troll.

Well done on 2 days. I take it one moment at a time if I have to.

Thanks.
Old 10-08-2018, 11:57 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thank you. I don't know how each person reacts to pot- for me I am a full addict, smoked for over thirty years. This is an interesting article I recently read about marijuana--
http://drlwilson.com/articles/CANNABIS.htm
Old 10-08-2018, 05:58 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm so glad to see you back and on day 2 WT

D
Old 10-09-2018, 01:00 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Day 3 My mental health is terrible right now! First, I am still dealing with this weir dinner ear virus which causes dizziness- much less than before but still this element of unwellness and dis equilibrium in my brain. Still anxious, maybe a tiny bit less- working on this new mineral balancing zinc copper ratio thing with a new dr so maybe that will help over time. My eyesight is feeling really weak and blurry these days. And right now I am angry a lot, full of self loathing, and just generally unwell! I am hoping staying off pot will lead me to new ways of existing that are more peaceful. I have been self medicating since I was f-ing 13 years ols and I am 45 and so I never learned to cope with this world- and I find the world over whelming! I really hope staying off pot, and adding in healthy habits ( gym, yoga, meditation) plus this "walsh protocol"
https://askdrgil.com/walsh-protocol/
I am trying via my new naturopath will set me straight- but right now I feel bad, but at least I have some steps in place to try to feel better.
Old 10-09-2018, 04:23 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

windy I think no matter what you do you're probably going to feel below par for a week or two - but it will get better, I promise

Learning to cope with the word is like anything else - one day at a time

Its not my scene but I hope the naturopathy stuff works for you.

D
Old 10-10-2018, 04:44 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

day 4 feel very depressed and full of self loathing. Been dealing with health issues and anxiety for a while now. Just generally feel like crap! Like just run down my system is kind of out of whack, I am out of shape, depressed, etc. But maybe if I can persevere with stopping smoking pot I can some how dig myself out to a better place. It is not only the pot withdrawal that has me down, I am just down - just feel crappy. Hate the chemtrail polluted weather, the sad state of the earth, the sad state my body feels- just generally life kind of sucks right now. But I hope it will get better as I stay off pot, get past withdrawal, do some mineral rebalancing with my doctor, et back into yoga and exercise- hopefully all those things will make me feel less awful. been feeling awful for years- when I am smoking too. in a bad way but also glad I am finally going for this quit.
Old 10-10-2018, 05:09 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

Give it time Windy

D
Old 10-10-2018, 09:24 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Welcome back, Windy.
I agree with Dee. Give it time. 4 days is just the beginning, but it's a start and good for you! If you can do 4 days, you can do 4 more and so on. And then soon you'll be past the withdrawal.
Just be patient and kind to yourself and focus on the good stuff.
Best of luck to you.
Old 10-11-2018, 07:55 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hang in there.

Therapy can help a lot with anxiety/depression.
Old 10-11-2018, 05:29 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

day 5 some of the heaviness is lifting a bit. Still deaing with health issues namely this f-ing inner ear virus I got 3 weeks ago and had massive dizzy spells for hours while at work today. but decided against this other program I was gonna do with my Naturoopath and am super excited about this nutritional balncing thing with dr Wilson I am gonna start instead. this is a link to it:

DEEP HEALING VS

doing a hair mineral analysis and starting the program- my instinct is really drawing me to it it is basically adding a ton more cooked veggies into the diet, adding in the right mineral supplements my body needs based on this hair test, adding in some specific meditations and near infrared sauna ( I have a far in frared but apparently that one is not good), and some other things. I have been sick for 6 years since I got lyme disease and got some better but never all the way so this is like a deep detox program for mind and body.
Old 10-12-2018, 01:08 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Thumbs up Windy! Hope the ear clears up soon.
Old 10-12-2018, 02:23 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Administrator

Ear infections can take a while to get better windy especially if you're not going by the western medicine antibiotic route,. Try and be patient

D
Old 10-12-2018, 10:59 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Thanks, it is not a bacterial infection or I for sure would do the antibitoics- it is viral and can only go away with time.

Day 6 I don'tknow- just feeing still dizzy, which is scary- a little less than yesterday which is good- all kinds of health stuff still front and center

Still feeling like this is a rough world, life is really hard here on earth.
Old 10-12-2018, 06:22 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Administrator

sorry I must have misread about the infection Windy - hope you feel better soon day 6 is awesome

D
Old 10-13-2018, 07:07 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Thanks, Dee.
End of day 7.
Old 10-13-2018, 07:08 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Congrats on one week! Worst part is over! You don't have to go through the first week ever again
Old 10-14-2018, 04:32 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

end of day 8
Old 10-14-2018, 10:54 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Good job Windy, keep it rollin’!
Old 10-15-2018, 11:42 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Day 9
being led to try a different approach for my health. MEaning that I had a long discussion with someone today who had a lot of the things I have ( originating from lyme disease) and she tried a ton of things over the years and found someone some what recently who really helped her so I am going to try that before I try some of the other stuff
still really focused on trying to get well. found a new approach I am gonna check out. gotta try till I succeed