Notices

I'm losing my husband!!!

Old 07-23-2018, 09:04 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I'm losing my husband!!!

My husband, myself, and our 3 children recently moved to a new neighborhood. A month in my husband lost his job and started hanging with the neighbor. The neighbor smokes weed daily now my husband smokes everyday about 2 to 3 times a day. He wasn't showing or helping around the house. We argued constantly because i needed him to stop smoking so much but he says it helps him. He recently started working again and I thought things would die down. But when he's not working he's smoking. On his day off and even once he gets off work he smokes. His breath smells awful now and he's not taking care of himself like he used to. Our sex life is taking a toll but he blames me. When the neighbor calls he runs. But when it's time to spend some time with me he always falls asleep. Once I'm away he masterbates but blames me for that as well. He says I'm complaining and always starting an argument with him and the weed helps him. He says he's not doing anything wrong and does not want to be rejected by me so he masterbates. I'm so tired of this. I feel unwanted. The things I would ask him kindly is all anger now. He only says he's going to change his ways when I'm taking about leaving him but he goes back to his ways a day or two later. He's emotionless and cares nothing for my feelings. But his defense is he's working to take care of his family like that'd all he needs to do. I'm so hurt and tired please I need honesty and truth. Am I wrong for wanting to through in the towel. I didn't sign up for this
Old 07-23-2018, 09:31 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Chrissy

It doesn't sound like there's much give and take there so no I don't think you're wrong to feel like you want to throw in the towel.

I'm assuming you still love your husband tho, and that you want your marriage to work.

Maybe suggesting couples counselling might at least let him know you're serious about feeling like a third wheel to his new love, pot?

D
Old 07-28-2018, 06:40 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Chrissy, you may want to post this to the Friends and Family of Substance Abusers forum. You'll get advice and commiseration from folks there.

That said, I totally understand why you've had it up to your eyeballs. I hope it reassures you to know that you're not alone.

(Hugs)