Notices

PAWS after quitting weed

Old 03-07-2018, 08:24 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

PAWS after quitting weed

I used weed for about a year and the last 6 months months. I知 a 17 yr old male, I was using marijuana pretty hard sometimes putting hash and concentrates in my tokes I知 a month and a few days sober now and I知 I believe I知 currently suffering from paws, I have times during the day where I feel normal and happy then it just dowards spirals pretty bad anxiety, hard time focusing sometimes blurred vision at times the list goes on honestly I just need to know are things going to get better like initially I feel pretty good most days I am slightly depressed of course due to quitting but it痴 somewhat manageable I just want my old life back.
Old 03-07-2018, 08:44 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

hi and welcome quitweed - it's difficult to say whether its PAWs really...

how long have you been weed free?

things really will get better tho - I promise

D
Old 03-07-2018, 08:45 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I quit on February 2nd
Old 03-07-2018, 08:49 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Paws is usually after the initial withdrawal period, so at 30 days or so, it mightr be paws...
see if this link rings any bells

https://digital-dharma.net/post-acut...r-immediately/
D
Old 03-07-2018, 09:17 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Yeah a lot of those symptoms do ring a bell for sure especially sleep disturbances at the moment I go to bed every night and sometimes wake up at like 4 in the morning some mornings for no reason At all

Last edited by Quitweed221; 03-07-2018 at 09:18 PM. Reason: Spelling error
Old 03-08-2018, 01:47 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Welcome!

I am a little of 8 weeks sober and I still don't feel normal all the time. It comes and it goes, it varies per day. I've felt really good for a couple of days and then felt very low for some time. There are days where I have a lot of energy and sometimes I get tired very quickly. It goes up and down but over the course of the last weeks I feel that it's evening out more and more . Maybe it's just life, maybe I am adjusting to being sober (I suspect the latter).

If I were you I wouldn't worry about it too much and give yourself some time to find a new balance again. I think Dee is right: it will get better, things will improve. And if they don't, remember that there are other solutions than lighting up again.

Best of luck!
Old 03-08-2018, 09:07 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hi Quitweed and welcome to the forum.
Since you smoked hard and heavy for quite a while, chances are you will still test positive after 3 months of sobriety. That means you are detoxing and still withdrawing. Give it time and be patient with yourself.
However, if you are still suffering from blurry vision after 3 months, go see a doctor.