Notices

Over it

Old 03-23-2018, 10:18 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

We've all slipped but the important part is that you are back here trying.
It's all too easy to just say f*ck it and stay in the pot haze for months.
I was in that pot haze at this time last year after a 3 and half month sobriety period.
But you'll never get sober unless you have a day 1.
Keep trying and it will stick.
Old 03-23-2018, 06:58 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Sooo pot isn’t additive???? If I had a dollar every time I hear that I’d be rich also if I had a dollar every time I relapsed I’d be rich hmmm I think the addiction to pot is just as serious as of alcohol / pills or whatever but yet doesn’t get the attention it should!!!!
Old 03-24-2018, 03:25 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Day 1 and this is the last post to say day 1 I might have a drug test coming up and need to get clean fast and plus im not happy smoking why ruin life when you can enjoy it but future self don’t be an idiot and smoke whatever is wrong face the problem or emotions inside of numbing it .... while I’m thinking of it time to flush down some green I gave a lot for my Vap pen idk if I can toss that yet
Old 03-24-2018, 05:01 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Administrator

Vape Pens came in after I stopped smoking.

Do you smoke tobacco with those or just weed?

Either way it might be a good investment in your recovery to dump it or at least give it away?

D
Old 03-24-2018, 08:19 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

I was setting myself up for relapse by hanging onto all paraphernalia.
It wasn't until I dumped all of it that I made that final commitment to sobriety.
I made a ritual of it and it was the most liberating thing I've ever done.
I hope you can make that final commitment.
Old 03-24-2018, 01:20 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Vape Pens came in after I stopped smoking.

Do you smoke tobacco with those or just weed?

Either way it might be a good investment in your recovery to dump it or at least give it away?

D
The one I have just weed they do make them for oil also but also they do sale them for tobacco that’s something I don’t smoke it’s pretty much poison

I have tossed out a lot only kept on to vape pen and bowl having a hard time letting go it’s like a relationship you want out of but don’t have the courage to fully leave everything behind but by the time I go to bed tonight my goal is to fully toss everything turn my back and never turn around life has to be better without pot plus having a hard time with asthma living off inhaler and breathing treatment
Old 03-24-2018, 01:52 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by lynnmarie123 View Post
I was setting myself up for relapse by hanging onto all paraphernalia.
It wasn't until I dumped all of it that I made that final commitment to sobriety.
I made a ritual of it and it was the most liberating thing I've ever done.
I hope you can make that final commitment.
I agree with holding onto things is setting myself up.....final commitment is an uneasy feeling kinda scary in a weird way
Old 03-24-2018, 05:21 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

I get it!
I was terrified. It was the scariest and hardest thing I have ever done.
It took me a really long time of mental preparation to do it.
But it was, hands down, one of the best things I have ever done.
It cut the anchor that was weighing me down.
I'm free now. Best feeling EVER!
Old 03-24-2018, 06:21 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Okay everything has been tossed not going to lie wasn’t easy felt like losing a friend in a weird way..... I’m working myself up thinking future without ever smoking again but I’m pretty sure I’m ready no more suffering... has to be a better life out there.... I can’t understand why people think it’s harmless a day in my shoes or yours realize it’s more then just a plant it’s life ruining!!!! If someone ever stumbles upon this and thought like I did pot is best thing ever harmless organic please don’t be fooled and stop before things get out of control because my mind is wrapped around it 24/7 now I think I prefer smoking before drinking and I’m an alcoholic
Old 03-24-2018, 07:24 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you got rid of it Nichole.

D
Old 03-27-2018, 12:57 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

You did the right thing Nicole, good for you. I hope you're feeling good too, and if you're not: let us know. It wasn't very long ago that I had just quit and I went through a bit of a roller coaster myself in those first weeks. Down, but also up. And the ups always came as a bit of a surprise. Pleasant ones!

Keep it up and keep us informed!
Old 03-29-2018, 04:23 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Just want to wish everyone a good dayb
Old 03-29-2018, 05:52 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope you're doing ok Nichole.

D
Old 03-29-2018, 06:01 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Hang tough Nicole! you'll definitely find that abstaining from alcohol and pot will reduce your anxiety levels dramatically. Be careful with the benzos. Withdrawl from benzos can be awful. Especially when combined with alcohol and pot.
Old 03-31-2018, 04:10 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Back to day 1 with hurting lungs!!!! Guess you can toss everything but if you don’t work on addiction you will just waste money and go back and buy everything!!! But toss it all again and ready to take on addiction 100% tired of promises being broke and having breathing problems!!!! Hopefully everyone is okay and take care of yourself
Old 04-03-2018, 11:51 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Hope you doing fine as well Nicole! Those breathing problems you mention must be a good motivation to stay of the pot for good. Stay strong!
Old 04-05-2018, 01:03 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Hi Nichole,

I so relate to the withdrawal process you're going through. I've done it multiple times, and the cravings are intense as all hell. There are lots of coping strategies for dealing with them, but it's just plain hard in the beginning. Your brain is going to do everything it can to convince you to use.

Please don't hesitate to get some help. White-knuckling it through the early days on your own can be a pretty miserable experience as you know. Just know that you don't have to. Meetings are free and full of recovering addicts who can give you peer support at the very least. An outpatient rehab might be even better, if its possible for you. During my first real quit, I did it on my own. I spent two weeks with my head stuck in the couch cushions, and then craved constantly and became quite depressed in the following months. I had no support whatsoever. After my inevitable four month long relapse, I went to an outpatient dual-diagnosis facility and began finding friends and support within the recovery community. That was almost three years ago, and I've been clean ever since.

Keep posting. Glad you're here.
Old 04-16-2018, 05:18 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

So I’ve been missing on here for awhile and I’ve shouldn’t of because I’ve made a bad decision to smoke dabs all day Saturday and two days later I’m still sick well alcohol was involved too and haven’t recovered from Saturday I think this is the lesson I needed to not go back to that lifestyle why would I smoke that crap never again
Old 04-16-2018, 06:33 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  
Not all better, getting better

Glad you are posting again. I can't tell you how many times I have gone through what you are going through. My join date here was 2002, it is only recently that I really feel like I have reached a place where I am comfortable with quitting.

What is working for me is realizing that no matter what my "brain" is telling me, I still have a choice. It is my choice to use or not to use. I have given up so much to this addiction, I have to be careful not to dwell upon it or it becomes very depressing and I just want to give up. But the only thing that would accomplish is to continue piling on all the pain I have already built up.

When I start to feel that craving, that feeling of giving up, I try to confront it immediately with facts. The facts that the only good thing smoking does for me is make me feel a little "good" for just a little while. The consequences of it are long and many, I'm sure you can also provide a long list, health concerns seem to be pretty high on your list. Use that.

I also struggle with mental health issues. I am bi-polar. It went undiagnosed for many years. Perhaps using was some kind of coping strategy for me, if it was it was a very unsuccessful one. Over 30 years of smoking has defiantly had a negative effect on my mental health. I'm not crazy about taking meds, but I am defiantly crazy when I don't take them. The way I look at it is that if you have Type 1 diabetes you need to take insulin. It is because your pancreas doesn't produce enough insulin. Your brain is just another organ in your body that produces chemicals. Sometimes it doesn't produce enough of the right ones. Why should you feel weird taking something to try to fix that?

Dual diagnosis (substance abuse and mental health) is tough to deal with, but something that many, many addicts deal with. In order to be successful in dealing with one long term, you also have to take on the other. Just trying to deal with one, without addressing the other almost always leads you back to the place you are trying to leave.

The suggestion of a dual diagnosis outpatient program is a good one, if that option is available to you. Call your insurance provider and find out what your insurance will cover. I believe that they are now required to cover both mental health and substance abuse treatment. There may be some cost involved, but hopefully you will be saving some money not smoking pot anymore!!

However all the treatment in the world will not stop you from using if that is the choice you want to make. I've been to inpatient treatment 3 times and the last time I stopped on the way home to score. Talk about wasting money. What I did get there was knowledge that I just wasn't ready to use at that time. Now that I am making the choice not to use, that knowledge is coming in handy. Of course there is also a great deal of knowledge and support to be gained right here, so use that as well.

The best thing I can suggest is that if you do relapse, take a hard look at why it happened. What can you do to handle that situation differently? Prepare yourself for those situations so you can better handle them. Don't let yourself escape too far into your head. I know, for me, that is often a dangerous place to go.

Keep it up. Don't give up. You can do this. Take care.
Old 04-20-2018, 08:42 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

You can do it, Nichole.