Notices

My Quit Journal

Old 03-16-2018, 10:57 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Administrator

It's tougher with a partner who smokes but I don't think it's necessarily a deal breaker.

I spent today recording a band who are big smokers - they were kind and considerate enough to go outside and not smoke my gear out...but there were no triggers or longing thoughts for me...it's just not what I want anymore.

D
Old 03-17-2018, 05:12 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I think it's very admirable that you're even trying to quit with someone around who smokes. Sure, it's not impossible but I would find it hard, especially in the first stages.

Wishing you a lot of strength and determination!
Old 03-21-2018, 09:30 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sleepsmiles View Post

I hate marijuana!
Yeah I hate it too. How are you doing these days?
Old 03-21-2018, 01:04 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Hi paco, dee, fdm and everyone else.

So far I'm doing ok. I'm on day 10 straight weed free and going strong. This last Sunday was very hard for me. I worked in the garden all afternoon and felt like I wanted to be rewarded (time to relax). Husband asked me to go out to the shed to smoke after we were done but I held fast and did not smoke, even though I wanted to. I was so proud of myself.

When I can get little victories like this I stand a little taller, walk a little taller and just feel so good about my progress. It's really a great feeling. I didn't even drink at all these past 10 days and felt really no need to.

My husband can be a complete ass when he is grumpy and with no weed as was the case last night. So last evening was pretty hard. So I took the kids, I have 2, a 6 year old boy and 8 year old girl for free ice creams at dairy queen to cool off.

It's these sorts of times when I wish I could be strong enough to just say...go go get weed and do whatever you need to do to not be a jerk. In fact I feel like I'm winning when I can hold off smoking and he is. I still want him to quit...for his health, for our money, for our kids, for me. I just don't know if he will ever quit at this point. Now I just need to be done with it and not give a care about him smoking. But I still do.

I could probably keep writing about this topic for a while but I need to test these wlan roaming scenarios at work lol.

Sending you all strength ! I hate weed!

Originally Posted by Pacoloco View Post
Yeah I hate it too. How are you doing these days?
Old 03-22-2018, 12:08 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Wow, I am genuinly impressed. I don't know if I could be as strong as you are, in your situation. Much respect!
Old 03-22-2018, 01:25 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Good for you! I'm impressed too!
So I assume that since you sneak off to the shed (or used to) to smoke weed that you were hiding it from your kids?
I hated that part of smoking. The dishonesty of it all. Doesn't it feel great to not have to do that anymore?
Old 03-22-2018, 06:19 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Thanks you guys. It's still very hard of course to say no and I still think about pot alot but I am just to this point that I am so over it. I don't want to be a 30's something smoker any more.

About the kids, they are getting to the age, at least the 8 year old is, that they understand more of what's going on. They still haven't directly asked me or husband what we do in the shed but I'm sure they know it is some sort of smoking. I'm expecting the 8 year old to ask more direct questions soon. I want to, when the time comes, to be able to say no I don't smoke marijuana, I used to but not any more. And actually mean it and not have to lie. This is important for me to be able to show them I'm a responsible capable parent for them no matter what.

Yes! It really feels great not to worry about the lieing any more. Plus I can't really handle it anymore, being so stoned around the kids I feel like my daughter can tell I'm acting weird lol.

How are are you handling it with the kids. Did yours ask about this type of thing yet?

I think it's terrible that rec marijuana was passed here (oregon). It's not good for society and now it's getting dirt cheap here! Really cheap to just go buy whenever.

I hate weed!

Originally Posted by lynnmarie123 View Post
Good for you! I'm impressed too!
So I assume that since you sneak off to the shed (or used to) to smoke weed that you were hiding it from your kids?
I hated that part of smoking. The dishonesty of it all. Doesn't it feel great to not have to do that anymore?
Old 03-22-2018, 06:37 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

I'm way beyond 30 something and my only son has been on his own for 2 years now. He'll be 26 this year. I did hide it from him until he was nearly 20 and then didn't see the point anymore. And apparently I hid it very well, because he was surprised when I finally told him. However I always hid how much I smoked. That felt terrible. I was still sneaking around. He knows I quit drinking, but I don't think he knows I quit pot too. We have yet to have that talk. "Son, your mother is an alcoholic and a drug addict". It's not that I'm hesitant in being accountable. It's just that I don't want him to think less of his mom.
*sigh*
Old 03-22-2018, 07:14 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

I know how you feel. I feel like if my kids knew about my pot smoking they would think less of me. They would probably be concerned and I don't want that for them.

It's one of the reasons I want to quit so badly. I'll be 40 this year and I hope I can start my 40's off right. Smoke free for the long haul.

I just read your quit thread and it looks like you'll be at 9 months here in a few more days. That's alot to be proud of! It's great and I think your son would definitely agree as well.
Old 03-27-2018, 12:59 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Ha, turning 40 as well. I can shake your hand on that. About 20 days for me and the 4-0 will be a fact. That was some sort of barrier for me. I had to quit before 40.

Hope you're doing ok!
Old 04-12-2018, 01:19 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  
Not all better, getting better

Originally Posted by Sleepsmiles View Post
Thanks for the support. I had a feeling this was the way to go. Today I begin this cessation of both alcohol and pot. When I feel my tensions rise, which is usually in the evenings after work...ie fixing dinner getting kids rdy for bed etc. I'll try short meditation sessions, maybe sitting quietly in my room in the dark.
Being crazy in the evenings is what I worry about most.
What has been working for me lately is getting on here and reading and posting. I get good vibes from reading and if I'm sharing, it feels a bit hypocritical to be drinking and posting while sharing experiences of "sobriety" with others. Not saying that if you do end up using again that you should feel guilty about posting here. That is one of the things that are helping me.