Notices

True hunger

Old 01-14-2018, 01:51 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

True hunger

I was truly hungry today (not just the munchies). It was a weird feeling. I was suddenly tired and grouchy but didn't have that crazy craving hunger that I had from weed. I didn't even recognize it at first and tried drinking water before I realized I was probably in need of food.

I am sitting at the computer now with a lovely home cooked meal (pork chops with mushroom gravy over whole wheat pasta, yum!) and instead of wolfing it down, I am eating slowly and truly enjoying every bite. With each bite, I am feeling my energy and good mood return.

I feel a bit blah in general still, but this was a nice change. Having the munchies is one thing I will not miss at all.

Has anyone else noticed a change in their eating habits since quitting?
Old 01-14-2018, 02:23 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Yes!! Oh my yes! In my thread (s) i frequently have mentioned that I both binge eat when I am stoned, and have serious appetite issues when I'm detoxing. The last time I got clean it took a few weeks before I had anything resembling a normal appetite. I have a big problem recognizing hunger. It's like my body doesn't even know what it is if I'm not smoking. Instead of actually feeling hungry I tend to get foggy, irritable, and very fatigued. I've been making it a point to carry some kind of food with me. It's like my body forgot how to eat without binging on junk food. Because that's how I would eat when smoking. Only binging, only junk food. No control. Waking up knowing I didn't eat an entire pizza (and then some) the night before is a very nice effect of staying clean.
Old 01-14-2018, 04:12 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I luckily binged on healthy stuff, but it was impossible to pry food out of my hands after a day of smoking, especially at night. And yes, instead of hunger pangs, I felt fuzzy and irritable. I guess I need to pay closer attention tomorrow so I don't get quite so hungry before I realize it. My poor husband had no idea what was going on with me.