Notices

How quickly we forget

Old 02-09-2018, 01:10 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Congrats on that 30 day sobriety streak!
Old 02-09-2018, 01:11 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Good to hear from you, mm! Glad you posted. I always get concerned when people are absent, even though it hasn't been that long since you last posted. Mother hen here!
Sorry you are feeling down. Are you down because you are eating sugar or are you eating sugar because you are down? It's a vicious cycle, that one. Could be the weather too.
If you don't have time to shop, you probably don't have time to exercise. You know what a mood lifter physical activity is.
Glad to hear you are still sober and doing well in that regard.
Anyway, don't be a stranger!
Old 02-09-2018, 01:24 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Thanks guys! I've been hitting the gym each weekday morning consistently, so I have that going for me. I don't feel like I'm eating emotionally. I might honestly just be hungry between work and the gym. Maybe I'm just reaching for that quick fix?? I don't know. Like right now, for example, I'm craving real food. Stir fry beef with vegetables or something. I haven't been eating enough 'real food' so that might be the culprit.
Old 02-09-2018, 04:21 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats mm

D
Old 02-10-2018, 05:49 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by lynnmarie123 View Post
Glad you posted. I always get concerned when people are absent
Same here! Worrying a bit about Teodor at the moment but glad you're doing well MM. I can relate to the feeling down a bit. There's so much to be positive about, but still. I didn't realise our quitting dates are almost the same btw.

Treat yourself to a nice meal tonight, you deserve it!
Old 02-11-2018, 08:02 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Congrats on 30 days MM! It's an important milestone. Great job.
Old 02-14-2018, 01:53 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Hi everyone! I'll first say that I think of SR every day, and hate having you guys worry about me. I know you care. Honestly, my days are just so full and busy I haven't been making a point to sit down and post updates. I need to start. I feel like I have experience and hope to offer. I mean, I have time for my nightly NA stuff (prayer, gratitude list, reading some literature, calling my sponsor), so there's no reason why I can't make a quick post or two here, as well.
I'm doing well. Still clean, with no signs of slowing down or losing my enthusiasm. It's growing, if anything. I'm getting more and more involved in NA with every meeting I go to. It's just simply the best thing i've ever done for myself. It's easy to feel sad that I waited so long to do it, but as my sponsor told me...you're ready when you're ready. It's that simple.

I hope everyone is doing well.
Old 02-14-2018, 02:11 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  

I think it's nothing short of fantastic that things are working out so well. Great job, enjoy the sober ride!