Notices

My turn.

Old 10-13-2017, 10:56 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Great job on staying clean, tabata!
I swear that first step is the hardest. We become so dependent on the daily high and any thought of quitting is terrifying. We find excuses to continue. But when you step through that door the other side is so much better.
Keep it up!
Old 10-16-2017, 12:40 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by tabata View Post
Well, I'm doing it, staying clean and I feel great. It'll be a month Sunday and last Saturday I had given up. The back pain wouldn't go away and I had a long car drive in front of me. I reserved myself to just get high to deal with the pain and get through the car ride. I was going to do it, I had given myself the green light, but I didn't! A bigger part of me didn't want to do it so we just jumped in the car and left and I'll be damned if the back pain didn't disappear anyway!

So to wrap up, I feel better than ever, have crazy awesome dreams every night and I'm sleeping well.

To anyone thinking about giving it up: You can do it, believe me, if I can you can, good luck, it's totally worth it.
I had been thinking about your post all weekend and reading this just now brightened my day. Happy.
Old 10-22-2017, 10:14 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

1 month! On my way to Seattle but not expecting any "problems"

I feel great, thanks for the support.
Old 10-22-2017, 12:53 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Have fun in Seattle and stay away from the "shops" if you know what I mean! Looks like the weather cleared up for your trip. Beautiful city when the sun is shining. I live 2 hours south of there.
Old 10-22-2017, 05:57 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congratulations Tabata

D
Old 11-01-2017, 09:18 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Woohoo!! One month is freaking amazing!
Old 11-14-2017, 01:25 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Checking in, 5 days shy of two months. Awesome dreams and great sleep, there have been some hard times but I've stayed strong. Feeling good, if I can do it so can you! PEACE
Old 11-14-2017, 03:56 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Congratulations and thanks for the inspiration!
Old 11-15-2017, 07:15 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Loving the update Tabata.
Old 11-27-2017, 09:32 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

i had tough times over thanksgiving. it seemed to be everywhere i turned my head.
within 2 minutes of walking into the thanksgiving meal it was offered to me. i had dreams that i failed (a friend offered and i took it), that dream included having to come clean on SR. in the dream, i even woke up from a dream (i dreamed about having a dream in a dream) wondering if i had actually failed in reality.

but there is more, i took the entire week off work and after all chores were done and it was just me i felt several strong urges. crazy that i'm over 2 months clean and a serious pull rears it's head frequently.

i'm very happy to say, despite all of this, i resisted the urges and didn't slip.

heck i just got back from a private personal training session and i could smell it on my trainers breath!

on another note my best friend went to our hometown for thanksgiving and he ran into it everywhere as well but abstained just as i did. it's not easy but can be done, PEACE!
Old 11-27-2017, 12:46 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Great job, congratulations!

Maybe it's a good idea to find another trainer?
Old 11-28-2017, 03:19 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  
Administrator

way to go Tabata

D
Old 11-28-2017, 09:10 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Good for you!
Stick with it! Stay the course!
It's so damn hard to quit and who needs to go through that again?
Old 11-28-2017, 09:14 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Haha, SR is even in your dreams. If that doesn't prove you truly want to be sober then Idk what does! Awesome for you for making it through Thanksgiving! Wahoo!
Old 12-06-2017, 08:20 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Dang, had my friends wife tell me she has lost all respect for him because of his MJ use. She doesn't love him anymore, wants out of the relationship but is stuck because he is the provider. All over MJ primarily but his alcohol use is increasing allot as well.

About two hours before that, he tells me, "hey, I think it's great you quit and I totally support you, but I'm never quitting." He has gotten so brazen about it too, we were at a very nice restaurant and he was even smoking in the bathroom.
Old 12-06-2017, 04:05 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  
Administrator

He has gotten so brazen about it too, we were at a very nice restaurant and he was even smoking in the bathroom.
That's pretty hardcore - not to mention foolhardy.
I hope he wakes up to himself.

D
Old 12-06-2017, 07:14 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Wow. Do you live in a state with it is legalized? Even then, it can get him in a lot of trouble doing it in a commercial area. He is really pushing his boundaries. :/ I wonder if a part of him actually wants to get caught like this..
Old 12-07-2017, 12:08 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

i am not in a legal state and the guy is a very high level professional. i don't want to say what he does but you go to school for about 15 years to do it.
Old 12-07-2017, 06:31 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Damnnn. He really is risking a lot.

I'm kinda concerned that he's the breadwinner. If he loses it all, won't his family be SOL? His wife should look into another source of income just in case.

Regardless of his issues, I am so proud of you for not succumbing to temptation . You're effing awesome.
Old 04-02-2018, 11:49 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Wow so almost 5 months since I last posted, where has the time gone? So much has happened. My professional friend got caught sexting and basically sent off to AA to turn his life around. I think he is off the leaf but still drinks a little, I wish him luck and am available if he needs support. We vacationed together and he asked me a bunch of questions about being sober. Said he can't imagine a time where he can't have a couple of drinks now and then or at a party. I basically said I do it all the time and it's just not a big deal.

My best friend has taken up with a girl half his age who is a big smoker, so he is back in the game/fight, whatever you want to call it. He told me they took a road trip and she was just pounding the pipe and it disgusted him.

As for me, still going strong, thoughts of it are less and less, probably a couple of times I wanted to or thought seriously about it but I let those thoughts pass.

I'm so happy being sober and not having an illegal drug or alcohol have control over me. I don't talk about it too much, not much people know how much sobriety means to me. But some of you here know: IT MEANS EVERYTHING