Notices

Here and back again

Old 01-29-2017, 02:59 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Here and back again

Hey friends. Some of you may remember me.

So I’m back. Missed you guys a lot. Was ashamed on coming back.

After a few months sober, I relapsed under the pathetic attempt to moderate. Again.

I graduated and got the job, and now my crazy friends are my bosses. Sure enough, that led me to drinking and smoking more. I even bought some high quality buds and things began to go south. Until one day I drank for almost 12 hours straight and then I smoked some pure sativa... it’s was not fun. I was so drunk on the street, I was not able to unblock my smart phone, even though I knew the password. It took me half an hour to call a uber, trying to stand up straight and stuff. At home, I had a panic attack I guess, it was terrible. I cried so much. And then I lost my memory, my wife told me she found me laying on the kitchen in pain and saying things that made no sense. I do not remember it at all and I didn't like it. Who was that person laying on the kitchen? It's scary. It happened one month ago. After that, weed was never the same. I'm afraid of it now.

My back pain is worse and now I can’t sleep well anymore. It’s been hard.

I’m working a lot and trying to find a way out of this job, but it will take some time.I have to study even harder, but I just can't focus, do not have the energy I need, as I am sleeping poorly. I started a treatment yesterday and I'm hopefull.

Good thing is I’m 3 weeks sober now. So it gave me the courage to come back here. I missed you guys. Hope everyone is doing fine.

Day 23. Thanks for reading.
Old 01-29-2017, 04:34 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hello Paco. A lot going on there. Unsafe behaviour, study, family, work, memory loss.... Red flags. All of these things need time to deal with. I would suggest your addiction issues are the most important. I am an alcoholic. I tried to maintain family, career, study and my addiction. I scraped through- pretending to be normal until my alcoholism went rampant. I lost my family, home , career, friends and very nearly my life. Without control of addictive behaviour with abstinence/being clean- the rest will fall away. So you need to stop the drinking (etc) for you. Consultation with a doctor, addiction therapist- to work out how to cope with life.
Face to face support (SR is still a crucial recovery tool) is so important dealing with every day life, on life's terms.
My thoughts and prayers to you and your family. PJ
Old 01-29-2017, 05:59 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Great to see you started this thread, Paco ! I think it's another tool in your kit. You can come here anytime and just let out what's bugging you at the moment, any moment. We all need that ! A suggestion - try and and take the pressure off yourself right now to study hard and switch jobs. I know you want to, but sometimes putting " more" on an already full plate will just send you the other way - backwards. Be patient and just focus on staying clean ( alcohol is a trigger for me, so I avoid it these days, knowing that ) , work on your sleep habits( cool , dark room for better sleep), and some daily walking or something for a bit of exercise. And most important, try to be your own best friend - be gentle, kind and supportive of yourself, like you would be with a good friend. Happy to see you started this today ! And congratulations on the three clean weeks !
Old 01-29-2017, 10:48 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Paco! Congrats on graduating and on 23 plus days. Don't ever feel ashamed bro, we only got love 'round here:-) Keep at it and good luck!
Old 01-29-2017, 11:21 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry for what brings you back Paco but I am glad you're back

D
Old 01-30-2017, 01:05 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Welcome back! No shame at all, friend! We can all relate! As far as I see it, come here whenever you need it. Hope you heal up your back. have you tried chiropractic and or yoga?
Old 02-03-2017, 02:56 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hello. How are you all doing?
Old 02-04-2017, 01:42 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hey friends. Thanks everyone for the attention. I’m glad to be back.

Yesterday it was rough, I craved hard. But I’m focused on my goals and did not slip. I realized I was just very tired and very hungry (I’m dieting). So I had a lot of carbs and it was ok. I was guilty at first, but I figured, if I smoked I was going to eat a lot anyway. So I’m 4 weeks clean right now, It’s a nice start.

My back pain is getting better, I started physiotherapy and it’s going well. It’s a fancy clinic, expensive, but so worth it. I’m sleeping better, so I’m not depressed anymore.

My job is going ok, I told my friend I don’t smoke anymore, not because I can’t, but because I don’t feel good doing it and I don’t want to. I explained to my best friend how I had a panic attack and I don’t like pot anymore. I got old and tired of smoking and dealing with the mood swings and anxiety and depression that come along. I'm done. I’m tired of making the same mistakes and doing the same things. I want different results, and fot that I need to take different actions.

Sad thing is I’m craving, but I figure that’s because I’m always stressed and very tired. And often hungry. I always remember the “HALT” thing. It helps.

Day 29 or so.

And how are you guys doing? Take care everyone. Thanks
Old 02-09-2017, 03:45 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

1 month clean, feeling good. Steady.

Working in the office is tough, though.
Old 02-09-2017, 06:41 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats on the month, Paco.

Is it tough in the office because of your friends?

D
Old 02-10-2017, 12:29 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Hey, 1 month is GREAT Pacoloco! I'm very happy for you and also to see you back!

Keep on friend, it will only get better!
Old 02-10-2017, 01:17 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Welcome back Pacoloco, know the feeling all so well, back on 40 days myself beginning to come out of the fog, onwards and upwards.
Old 02-10-2017, 02:02 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Hi Paco! I TOTALLY relate to the issue of hunger triggering a craving. It's important that I keep some sort of food on me (trail mix, etc) at all times, especially during work since I work all over the place in different situations and stopping to eat an actual meal is frequently not feasible.
Do you exercise at all? I second Dee's question, as well...is it the environment/your co workers?
Old 02-11-2017, 02:37 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Congrats on the month, Paco.

Is it tough in the office because of your friends?

D
The work itself is heavy. Too much responsibility, too much work, too much stress. When I get home, I have a hard time trying to quit thinking about work.

I can say it's not a safe environment, because pot is always around. Everyone drinks a lot.
Old 02-11-2017, 03:09 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Administrator

Yeah that sounds challenging all round Paco.

D
Old 02-12-2017, 06:28 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Congratulations on the one month ( and more now ) ! Yes, very tough work environment, Paco ! Stay strong, my friend.
Old 11-06-2017, 04:41 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Yeah that sounds challenging all round Paco.

D

Yes, my friend. Too challenging. One year has passed and I'm glad to be back. It was a rough year, stress levels trought the roof. Sure enough I relapsed (I was sober for two months), again and again, until I was smoking daily, all over again. Precisely as warned.

Long story short, I realized my boss/friend is actually a bad person, and I ended up stuck in an abusive "friendship", sprinkled with alcohol and pot. It was doing me harm, obviously. So I quit my job and we are no longer friends, which is a relief.

Now I can be sober in peace. Of course there will be challenges, but I think the worst part is over. I'm on day zero, though. Still clinging and a little afraid of what's coming. Thanks for reading. How are you doing?
Old 11-06-2017, 04:47 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by happycampers View Post
Congratulations on the one month ( and more now ) ! Yes, very tough work environment, Paco ! Stay strong, my friend.
Hey HC! How are you doing? Yeah work was too rough, but things will be better now. Hope you are doing really well!
Old 11-07-2017, 03:19 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Administrator

Busy but doing ok Paco.

I'm glad you feel you're in better shape to make this a permanent thing this time

D
Old 11-07-2017, 09:23 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Proud of you for leaving a toxic friendship!