Notices

Bizarre dreams

Old 01-07-2021, 02:05 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Lpg

Bizarre dreams

Every night atm I'm dreaming some kind of freaky dream or having sleep paralysis.
Last night I dreamt I was in some kind of big grand Hall about to see a show, while I was waiting on it starting someone was talking to me and all off a sudden my tounge started peeling, like dead skin and I could feel it was hard to come off but more and more kept peeling. I covered my mouth so no one would see and ran to the toilet. (sorry pretty gross)

Then this morning I fell back to sleep for a short while and woke up jumping to what felt like someone prodding my neck.
​​​​​​
Very strange. I did look up the peeling dream and it's meaning, something to do with emotional instability, insecurity & rejecting my inner child. Does anyone look into dream meanings or are dreams just dreams and left at that?

​​​​​
Old 01-07-2021, 02:33 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I had nightmares initially when I quit pot and booze but then I hyper real dreams for a while. I explored a whole shopping mall once. There’s no such mall.

They will fade in time lpg

D
Old 01-07-2021, 03:27 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I often have unusual dreams, but that's one of the last-listed side effects of Zoloft (sertraline), an antidepressant, an SSRI. "Bizarre or unusual thoughts or dreams". They're rarely scary dreams, just odd. My sister calls it the Zoloft Cinema, cause it's like going to several different movies in one night. One side effect I really like.
Old 01-07-2021, 11:08 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Lpg

Yeah some aren't scary just really weird lol haha I like that least, like going to the cinema. Does dreaming make you feel tired least, during the day or do you still feel rested?

I'm just getting used to dreams again.

​​​​​​
Old 01-08-2021, 05:23 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
On very rare occasions I still have drinking dreams, and I also have nightmares about my teeth falling out of my mouth, I'm pretty sure that one is the result of being a former tobacco chewer. Early recovery was filled with light, restless sleep and very vivid dreams, they have lessened as my sobriety endures.
Old 01-08-2021, 08:54 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I usually feel pretty good when I wake up, tho sometimes the memories of my dreams come to me in little bits during the day.