Notices

Help

Old 03-29-2020, 12:37 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Help

Can’t really even type well and am coming off a small four day bender. Filled with acid booze and suboxonie ( used acid a lot and I know that my current issue is not from this) first time ever using the subs. I took a decent amount over a few days too. With BOOZE. Today was first full day sober with a very filtering day yesterday. Having a very hard time forming sentences and especially typing on my phone. But my vision has been all hazy. My balance awful. And consistently seeing dark shadows on my preifials. But that’s constant and the actual shakes and other things that I normally get when I quit has not been very bad.
here’s the maim problem. Every time I lay my head down and my eyes close it feels like a fall asleep right away. And dream very strangely for like 10 mins. Very almost awake almost Hallucinating like. Then gasp And wake up.
I’m freaking out. I need help. I’m so scared that this is gonna be forever
Old 03-29-2020, 12:56 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi and welcome TerminalyUniqe

Detox is not fun but that sounds familiar from some of my withdrawals. The first night was no sleep at all - too scared - then a little sleep the second night punctuated by what seemed to be living nightmares...although I must have been taking nano naps and dreaming...

a little more sleep the third night and less nightmares - until I felt pretty good at a week or ten days.

We're all different tho - if this is really freaking you out do consider seeing a Dr...sure there's a pandemic on, but detox can be rough and sometimes serious - your health is important too.

D
Old 03-29-2020, 09:07 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
Welcome, and as Dee mentioned please be careful with your detox and seek professional help if you feel it's out of control, it isn't something to be taken lightly. I went for a long time without sleeping my first few weeks of sobriety, it was pretty rough but I can assure you that given time without putting substances into our bodies this will level out, living a normal life is definitely within our grasp.