Notices

Weighted Blankets for Insomnia

Old 04-21-2016, 05:41 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

This sounds quite interesting. I know I can't sleep without 4 pillows. Two under my head and one on top (I always have to have that weight on my head, it makes me feel safe) and another pillow between my legs. I feel like I'm in a protected pillow fort!
Old 04-25-2016, 09:03 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by notgonnadrinknm View Post
Hi, I just ordered one, but haven't used it yet. Have you tried it? Did it help ?
I haven't tried it yet...mainly because I may not need to. I've now crossed the six month mark of sobriety and insomnia is no longer an issue for me. I still wake up several times through the night, but drifting off to sleep is no longer an issue.

One thing that may have contributed to this is the fact that I started meditating every day. I took a class on Transcendental Meditation (TM) and have been practicing that. There have been a lot of studies done on TM and it has been proven to calm the brain down (anxiety, depression, etc). I think it has helped a lot.
Old 04-25-2016, 09:04 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by zenchaser View Post
Thanks you this information! My son suffers from insomnia and it really affects his mood and quality of life. I will order him a weighted blanket today.
Please let us know if it works for him.
Old 04-25-2016, 09:26 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I use a heavy blanket. It helps with restless legs. I discovered this for myself when I was a teenager. I don't have a true weighted blanket but my son's brother who has special needs has one and it works great for him. (And sometimes I have borrowed it!) but it's only kid-sized.