Notices

2 hours a night for a week

Old 07-03-2015, 09:16 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

2 hours a night for a week

So fed up !
I'm at around 6 months sober , now the insomnia cycle has hit again . The last time this cycle happend was 2 months ago .

I lay down and just can't sleep , it's like the thing that make me sleep isn't working . I've managed 2 hours a night for a week

I'm just not tired , instead my body aches and my head feels like it's in a vice.

I can't enjoy anything and I'm constantly worried about it .
I really hope it passes soon.

This paws thing I'm going through is the worst ever along with the cycles of anxiety and panic I really feel I have the worst case on this site .

I'm trying to keep upbeat but it's very hard not knowing how I'm gonna feel everyday .

I bet everybody that reads my depressing threads are fed up of me moaning now.
I feel sorry for my mrs , she has to put up with me being unpredictable with my moods everyday .
Has anybody else have insomnia 6 months in sobriety ??? Yes I'm looking for reasurance again but that's the only thing keeping me going.
Old 07-03-2015, 04:26 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I really doubt anyone is fed up with you

Would you consider seeing a Dr about this, malamute?

D
Old 07-03-2015, 04:28 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

No one is fed up. I feel for you, man.

I agree that it is at the point where I would be getting a doctor involved.
Old 07-03-2015, 06:09 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I seen the doctor so many times , I have Zopiclone sleeping tablets but the side effects are too much .
He then prescribed me with another anti depressant but I don't want to get hooked on them .
The doctors don't seem to care , I will just carry on believing I have paws and it will get better , if I'm not better in a year I will then knock on every doctors door until they find my mystery diesease.

Thanks for replying and being nice as always
Old 07-03-2015, 07:19 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I'm sorry to hear about your insomnia. I've suffered with it for many years. I was actually diagnosed with psycho-physiological conditioned insomnia. Basically, it's from nighttime in my home for the entire time I was growing up was a time of violence, screaming and horrible, horrible stress.

I've tried many, many things and I've finally settled on Ambien. It's the only thing I can take and it works. But I will tell you that worrying about it will DEFINITELY make it worse. You have to figure out a way to relax with it. Easier said than done but it can be done.
I sleep with ear plugs, a fan going by my head, the whole bit!!=)
Old 07-04-2015, 09:23 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

No one is fed up!! Support is here 24/7!!
Old 07-04-2015, 09:37 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

It really sounds like a lot of your issue is worrying and over-thinking all this - I've done this too. Have you tried a psychiatrist? Cognitive Behavior Therapy also addresses circular thinking/worrying/anxiety. I had to keep searching until I found a solution. It's not that the doctors don't care, I don't think. It's that you have to be your own advocate and be willing to try everything. If one drug doesn't work, that may just be that one drug. I tried a lot of them, too. But if I still had unmanageable symptoms, I'd still be searching and trying everything.
Old 07-04-2015, 01:48 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Insomnia is torture, especially when you have to work. Its one of the main things preventing me from being completely clean.
Especially accompanied by the aching.
But im like you, dont want one pill to replace another. When I am trying to quit I have a late swim, it stretches me out and cools me down. Not sure what else to suggest, just stay strong and ride it out, your already past the worst.
Old 07-05-2015, 01:11 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I understand what you're going through Malamute.

Insomnia for some is short term and for others a chronic matter. For those of us that drank it has to do with our highly charged brain that doesn't want to slow down.
It wouldn't hurt to have a sleep study as you could have sleep apnea. It's one step at a time. I've had 2 sleep studies and have psyiologic insomnia. I've taken pills and build up a tolerance to them all after 2-6 months of usauge. My sleep doctor had me go off trazadone which was no longer working and prescribed melatonin and Benadryl for short term. It worked for a few months. I am now using nothing.
I used to worry about not sleeping, ( still not happy about it) but no longer freak out on it. I spend my night talking with God, thinking good things and staying positive. I have the true belief that once my spiritual, physical, mental and emotional states are healed my sleep will be healed also. I have proof that it slowly working in my favor.
Have you read Desperately Seeking Snoozing? It is one of the better books out there on this subject.
In the meantime, do follow the regimen of good bedtime tools.
Do you drink caffeine? Stay on a computer late into the evening? My bad habits still haunt me and I am giving them up slowly. Like peanut, I am willing to try most anything shy of booze or drugs. I wear orange blockers after 8 pm.
Wishing you the best and in the meantime try anything that you think might help. The thing that has helped me the most is to not dwell on it.