SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Insomnia/Nightmares (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/insomnia-nightmares/)
-   -   Up at 2:50 am (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/insomnia-nightmares/280743-up-2-50-am.html)

mishneal 01-13-2013 02:55 AM

Up at 2:50 am

Well, I'm heading in my 4th day of sobriety. So far everyday I've had unpleasant vivid dreams. Stress dreams. I've been waking at this time continuously. This time I awoke with a mild headache. I hope this goes away!

Dee74 01-13-2013 03:22 AM

Hang in there :)
Most of us find we fall back into a normal sleeping routine after a week...sometimes two.

D

mishneal 01-13-2013 03:34 AM

Thanks Dee! I'm committed to fight this disease!

Change4good 01-13-2013 03:58 AM

I am sorry you are not sleeping well. In my experience, the first 4-6 days suck. And then, it becomes a lot of peaceful. Seriously. I wish this for you. Hang in there!

LilyMarie 01-29-2013 06:25 AM

Hope you're feeling better, Mishneal.
Right now I'm exactly where you were at a few weeks ago. Waking up to day 5. Each night has been wild dreams and night sweats. And I had to have slept odd last night because I ache from the top of my head to the bottom of my shoulders. Grr.

john44 02-04-2013 08:53 PM

Originally Posted by mishneal (Post 3768623)
Well, I'm heading in my 4th day of sobriety. So far everyday I've had unpleasant vivid dreams. Stress dreams. I've been waking at this time continuously. This time I awoke with a mild headache. I hope this goes away!

Jeez, I had to look. I thought I had made this post. I had the weirdest, most vivid nightmare I've ever ha a few nights ago...day 4. Woke at 2:30 (close enough) bathed in sweat. They should come film that for those classy vodka commercials. :)

peanut44 02-04-2013 08:58 PM

When i would wake up in the wee hours of the morning i would get angry with it. I didn't realize that my anger was making it worse!!

Just try to go with it and eventually your body will find its sleeping pattern again.

john44 02-10-2013 11:38 AM

I thought I'd come back to this thread with a positive update. I'm two weeks sober now and the past two nights I've slept great! Especially last night, I got 7 1/2 hours of deep restful sleep with no booze or pills or anything.

Easyrider 02-18-2013 08:37 AM

I woke up every 5 minutes last night! Not cool, but at least I didn't drink.

Someone mentioned stress dreams...I had one of those for the first time ever when I quit last month, weird!

Dave H 02-23-2013 09:54 PM

I'm 104 days right now and the nightmares are almost gone but the sleepless nights continue. I may only get two or three good nights sleep a week. Both of my group leaders tell me/us it could take up to a year before the new normal/new you settles in. For me, it's still better than being a drunk!

Introvrtd1 04-09-2013 03:58 AM

I can relate to insomnia posts made here.....this going to sleep at 10pm and waking up at 1, 2am is annoying and mostly due to anxiety. Still, it honestly boils down to my having drinks to sleep.

Sigh:abcf: