Notices

4 hours of sleep a night and not allowed pills?

Old 01-01-2013, 03:36 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

4 hours of sleep a night and not allowed pills?

I hate to keep asking for help in the sleep section but I have been stuck for a month. If I go to sleep at 10 I wake up at 2. 11 I wake up at 3. Then I am up for the rest of the night rolling around until sunrise.

Ive tried everything, room quiet and dark plus cool. No caffeine at all. I am not allowed to take anything (melatonin) due to epilepsy. Unfortunately, I have no health insurance but have been tested for Narcolepsy a while back and nothing. I do start to nod off at sunrise or 6pm'ish but have a daughter and can't nap.

I drank 4 days ago and slept fine. I thought I had "reset" myself. It is 6am now and I know as soon as the sun rises at 8 I will start to fall asleep at the computer desk. Is anyone else like this? I am so active at night and sadly haven't been outside in 4 days because im just so tired. Thanks.
Old 01-04-2013, 04:44 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Keeping it simple!

Yeah I have had sleep problems myself when I first quit drinking. Even now I sometimes can't sleep at night but will sleep during the day. I bought a day light that I use during the day sometimes. I'm not working right now so it hasn't really affected me much.

Also I drink some herbal tea at night to help relax me. I'm really a night owl. I'm the type that could probably work all night and sleep all day!

Have you talked to your doctor about this?
Old 02-27-2013, 09:14 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
recovering alcoholic

Day 108 for me and I sleep maybe 4 hours a night. At least one night a week I don't sleep at all. The rest of the week if I get to sleep at 10:30 I might sleep until maybe 3:00am. Other nights I lay awake until about 2:30 or 3:00am. I think it's just that our bodies are trying to adjust to our "New Normal". My group leader (who has a Ph.D in this field) tells me that the "New Normal" could take as long as a year to adjust. Hang in there.