Notices

insomnia ... I can't get no sleep

Old 10-29-2009, 01:53 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

insomnia ... I can't get no sleep

I have insomnia almost every night, until I get so exhausted from not sleeping more than 12 hours for 4 or 5 nights that I just pass out for 15 hours one night a week, then the cycle continues.

I have noticed that I CAN sleep enough, just never at night! And since I have to go to school and stuff I can't just sleep all day. But I really can't fall asleep before sunrise, no matter how tired I am.

My doctor thinks I have a melatonin deficiency and some sort of sleep cycle disorder, because I have been this way for years, it's just really ridiculously bad now. I have BPD and apparently that is also associated with melatonin deficiency, oddly enough.

What sleeping pill can I take that's non-addictive? My psychologist said if I take melatonin, I should also take something that "knocks me out." What would knock me out that isn't addictive?

Also, does melatonin really give nightmares? I already have nightmares every night/flashbacks from some trauma I experienced this summer and I don't wanna make it even worse!

Thanks everybody,
Love-Lillie
Old 10-31-2009, 08:05 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I take trazodone. its a non narcotic seditive and anti deppresant. What trazodone does is it rebuilds sleep architecture. This is the best I have found. And with my crappy HMO they were only like 3 bucks for 60.
Old 11-02-2009, 07:53 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I now take Trazodone. Sometimes I can sleep then at times I can't. I don't go to sleep until 3am and have to be at work at 7am. So now I do everything thats needed around the house, and try to take it between 9pm and 10pm. Lay down and relax. It doesnt work if I'm up doing things.