Notices

Coping with insomnia

Old 03-26-2009, 01:05 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Coping with insomnia

When a person does not fall asleep for a long time after going to bed (around 45 minutes) and tosses and turns, in spite of counting sheep, it is a symptom of insomania. In such a case, the reason for failing to sleep could be that the mind is racing or hyperactive and aroused due to stress, anxiety or some traumatic experience.

Last edited by Morning Glory; 03-26-2009 at 01:13 AM. Reason: Removed advertisement
Old 04-15-2009, 10:53 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

My wife and I now dealing with this to some degree.

We have some melatonin from GNC we will try tonight. I may also pick up some tryptophan supplements and take a generic multivitamin in the mornings.

In addition to this, we have promised each other to get more active. Running, the gym, long walks.

It stands to reason, that once we stop drinking, the body just had a large physical and mental weight removed, and the body is accustomed to struggling to clear itself of the poison. With the poison gone, it may take some time to re-regulate itself.

I guess this is my bodies revenge now that I stopped trying to kill it with booze, it can actually fight back!

At least that sounds about right.
Old 04-15-2009, 10:54 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Oh, I just fell for a troll post, didn't I?

Poster has one generic post, that was moderated. Sorry. I should be more careful.