Notices

Bizarre dream last nite

Old 08-20-2007, 03:46 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy Bizarre dream last nite

Went to bed around 1130pm. Woke up this morning at 3am. Had a bizarre, kinda bad dream.

Went thru a major panic attack yesterday while driving. Possibly gave me the dreams that woke me from sleep.

Did some reading and posting on the Anxiety forum until 4am. Went back to bed, fell asleep and had more bad dreams.

Sheesh.

Went ahead and got up around 5:30am.

A good nites sleep helps the body repair and rejuvenate. I feel really groggy this morning. Hopefully tonite will be better.

Intro
Old 08-20-2007, 05:03 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I hope so too.

live
Old 08-24-2007, 12:36 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
same planet...different world

hope so for you, too, hon.
Old 08-26-2007, 02:14 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks all.

Im up again this morning at 3am. Its my own fault. Had a bad weekend.

Hate to say it, but let myself down. Binge drank again.

Knowing what it does to aggravate the insomnia, panic, anxiety, and a host of other ills is strange why i find it worth the trip.

Ive tried the self help. Im going to get real help.

Thanks again for the kind words.

Intro
Old 09-01-2007, 06:40 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Binge drank again

You may or may not have underlying physical and/or mental isuues, but I think you know that the booze don't help ! My depression, anxiety, insomnia etc all but went away with continued abstinence and sobriety.
Old 09-26-2007, 01:31 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I woke up in a bad, bad way this morning.

Up at 2:30am, first time, had a bad dream. Feeling really anxious and agitated.

Took a little water. Felt better enough to return to bed and back to sleep.

Up at 3:30am, same as before. Now as I recall, had a very spicy sandwich late before bed. I normally dont eat that late.

Managed to get back to sleep 10min later. I sleep on my back 90% of the time. Tried sleeping on stomach. Same thing. Woke at 4:30am after another bad dream. Feeling horribly anxious.

This time thinking "what in the world is this?"

Jumped in the shower. The water was theraputic. Feeling a lot better now.

All I need now is a good rainy day......

Old 09-27-2007, 06:31 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Time for bed..............Hopefully I dont wake up in a bad way like last nite..........

I watched what I ate and drank tonite..............

(self talk) Calm........easy.............good nite's sleeeeeep.............

Old 11-28-2007, 05:43 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

So I go home early from work, because of this nagging cold.

I could hardly keep my eyes open and wanted to sleep right there in the office.

When I did fall asleep at home, I had this bizarre dream. Actually kinda bad, but it seemed so real, I thought I was there.

When I woke up, I forgot I was asleep. I mean, I thought for a moment, "what am I doing home in bed?"

It was quite a deep, restful sleep, but after that dream, Im awake and determined to stay up until time to go to bed tonite.
Old 12-06-2007, 07:00 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
smileyologist and lord of bees

You getting any treatment for your insomnia?
Old 12-06-2007, 11:58 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Yep. I have a therapist and dr for a number of issues.

Im just muttling thru.

Cold is gone now. Still some residual dry throat, sinus pain.

Sleeping better, but often wake up early and anxious.
Old 12-06-2007, 12:12 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
On a tear

Some anti-depressants are known to cause "vivid" dreaming. I take Effexor and have had some doozies - my sis takes Wellbutrin, and goes to bed at night so she can "fly" (now THAT sounds like fun!). Chantix is known to have this side effect, as well.

For me, talking about the dream (or writing it out) helps get it out of my head. Those vivid dreams seem to hang on longer...
Old 12-06-2007, 12:31 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Hmmmm.....

I have no experience with meds like welbutrin or effexor.

Fact is, Im not taking anything for insomnia or my anxiety. I like to cope without them. Unless........it gets really bad and I have to relent.

I often wake up early (2/3/4am) and pace the house in the dark, looking out the window.

I finally just go ahead and go to work. Sit in my office reading and posting until time for work.

By mid morning, im groggy, sleepy and cannot focus.

This happens about twice a week.
Old 02-19-2008, 01:12 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Guess what, I'm not crazy.

I take Hydroxyzpam for imsomia and anxiety. It helps a lot! I am only on 25mg but I also take paxil and boy does that give me the dreams. At first the ones I had seemed SO real and I had almost the same dream over and over. I was a little girl dressed like Lora Ingels on Little house on the prairy and I was in a basement of a building. There was a huge black door with a latch like a walking freezer. In most dreams I see things as a third party but in this one I was the little girl and looking out through her eyes. I was looking down at what I had on and there were two men walking me into the room. I was begging them to stop (Please don't do this) I only saw there legs and then I was looking down at my lifeless leggs. They had hung me. I dreamed about being a little girl and being killed several times. It got to the point with the hanging dream that I wondered if maybe in the in a past life this happened to me, but then my counceler told me how the pills could be causing the dreams and from then on they changed and when they are good I enjoy them and when they are bed..... I just go along for the ride.

Most times I know where the dreams come from. The tv show and a phone call or something that happened that morning and sometimes they are strangly abstract but I still know what they are telling me. Most times something in the dream is out of controle and the is how I am feeling about somethingl So the dream is just expressing what I feel. (OUT OF CONTROLE)

Oh and about drinking to sleep. My Doctor told me that most alcoholics tend to wake during the night and that is from the Alcohol. I didn't have this issue when I drank but my husband sure does.
D
Old 04-15-2008, 11:17 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

I am much like you I have awful dreams that seem real and I wake up and lie awake for hours until the sun comes up. I generally always pace around my house with no real intention of doing anything.

(not a dream)I worked at a call center for a few months where I would sit and do the same repetitive action for an entire day and once I quit there I constantly just wanted to move around because the call center made me feel like a caged animal.

So I think it may be my former job that is causing anxiety.
Old 04-17-2008, 08:14 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I find that Zoloft gives me really bizarre dreams. It's even listed as one of the last named side effects: "bizarre or unusual thoughts or dreams". No kidding! I call it the Zoloft Cinema. Like going to a weird movie every nite! Only trouble is, you can't remember the movie once you "leave the theatre".
Old 03-26-2022, 07:21 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by least;[url=tel:1742941
1742941[/url]]I find that Zoloft gives me really bizarre dreams. It's even listed as one of the last named side effects: "bizarre or unusual thoughts or dreams". No kidding! I call it the Zoloft Cinema. Like going to a weird movie every nite! Only trouble is, you can't remember the movie once you "leave the theatre".
I think I’ve been having those same bizarre zoloft dreams lately. Waking up in the middle of the night and not being able to get back to sleep for at least an hour. Once I do the dreams get even more bizarre.

450 days sober now. If it ain’t one thing it’s another. First Paws, then depression and anxiety…now zoloft. Feelin much better, but everything good has a sinister price.

Feel better least.