SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Insomnia/Nightmares (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/insomnia-nightmares/)
-   -   dreaming in tounges (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/insomnia-nightmares/153658-dreaming-tounges.html)

Captain Kirk 07-14-2008 12:00 AM

dreaming in tounges

i've just woken up from the most bizzare dream.
i was in a door way between two rooms in some house. when i'd open the door there was such a strong wind it wouldn't let me in. i couldn't go in or out. i was stuck. but the strangest thing is i was yelling in tounges (i thought it was in the dream but it could have been in real life as well - imagine if my neighbours had of heard me!).
i woke up so scared. for a while i thought satan himself was in my bedroom.
i'm not a very religious person. i acknowledge there is a power grater then myself but that's about where my religion stops. but what could this weird dream mean? has anybody else ever dreampt in tounges?

Morning Glory 07-17-2008 02:54 AM

Did you eat Pizza before going to bed?

I've had some strange sleep stuff and wake up with that same feeling that evil was in the room with me. Did you have the feeling that you were in a half sleep? That's usually when the weird stuff happens to me. Our bodes have sleep paralysis to keep us from running or moving in our sleep. That might be why you created the wind in your mind because you were aware that you couldn't move. It feels kind of evil when that happens so maybe you brought the tongues in to fight it, lol.

I wouldn't worry about it though.

Snicklefritz 07-17-2008 04:17 AM

Satan wasn't in your room. Angels of God are quite frightenening; how else would they win spiritual wars? It's good to fear the Lord, and if He came to me the way He came to you, I'd read the words in red a little more. Obviously you rate on a premium scale. That must have been how Mary felt. A typical teenage girl chosen to give birth to the Savior of all mankind. ":ghug3Who'd a thunk it"?

Dee74 07-17-2008 04:15 PM

I'd go with MG's pizza over Satan or angels, myself Aldo LOL.

Sometimes a dream is just a dream, no matter how weird.

D

Captain Kirk 07-21-2008 07:22 AM

Originally Posted by Dee74 (Post 1838633)
Sometimes a dream is just a dream, no matter how weird.

i disagree. i reckon we must dream for a reason. and there must be a significance in what we dream. wether it all comes from the subconcious or a paralel relatity i don't know.

Captain Kirk 07-21-2008 07:25 AM

Originally Posted by Snicklefritz (Post 1837882)
I'd read the words in red a little more. Obviously you rate on a premium scale.

what do you mean by the 'words in red' and 'a premium scale' ?

dancinggirl 07-21-2008 07:28 AM

Sometimes I'll be all garbly in my dream voice because in real life, while asleep, I'm speaking and it's all garbly 'cause I'm asleep. Does that make sense? So it kind of carries over into my dream and my words are garbly in my dream, too. Kind of like when you dream that you can only run slooooowly and your legs are slooooowly moving in real life, too.

1963comet 07-21-2008 10:12 AM

I was told years ago that dreams are nothing more than your mind relieving junk in your head. Dreams are to clear our minds.

Guess they were right because I looked it up.

I've had some pretty strange dreams myself.

Dee74 07-21-2008 09:00 PM

i disagree. i reckon we must dream for a reason. and there must be a significance in what we dream. wether it all comes from the subconcious or a paralel relatity i don't know.
Fair enough Aldo.
I hope you find the meaning you're looking for.
D

Morning Glory 07-22-2008 11:08 PM

I know that some of my dreams have meaning. If I am overwhelmed I dream of tidal waves. If I am not secure with decisions or the future I have dreams that I can't see. If I am having a hard time with self control I dream that I'm driving and the brakes don't work.

I think that's why we usually only have dreams that we can fly when we're kids before the burdens of life weigh us down.

I can recall having one spiritual dream. I dreamed a scripture that I hadn't ever read before and it was in a translation that I didn't have.

Jeremiah 12:5
"If you have run with footmen and they have tired you out,Then how can you compete with horses?If you fall down in a land of peace,How will you do in the thicket of the Jordan?

I knew then that I was heading into boot camp.