Blogs

Notices

Ironic question

Old 12-07-2006, 06:25 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Ironic question

ok maybe not a good idea to ask this seeing as this forum focuses on addiction so this question is gonna be kind of ironic

but I have not been sleeping for about........... gotta be going on 3 weeks now (or atleast it feels like it I have lost track)

and if you read my posts you'll know WHY I am not sleeping (atleast why it started, why it continues I dont know)

anyway here comes the ironic question

is there any good pill/drug that could help me sleep cause I dont wanna be up ALL night (it's 9:20am and I havent slept AT ALL) and sleeping all day (and I mean ALL day I spent 2 hoirs up yesterday)

I need some sort of pill/drug that can help stop this cause I am SICK OF IT
Old 12-07-2006, 08:15 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Have you tried all natural Melantonin? My H is addicted to xanax. He's been clean for a while now and uses sublingual melantonin to sleep at night....it works for some but not for all. You can find it in any natural foods store, or places like GNC
Old 12-07-2006, 09:19 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

you know whats even more screwed up it is now 12:15 pm I have not slept and I fell almost PERFECT
Old 12-07-2006, 09:41 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

I don't know King
I suggest you might want to talk to a doctor

I did find this link..perhaps it will help

http://www.well.com/user/mick/insomnia/

I do hope you can find answers..
Old 12-07-2006, 09:59 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I will talk to a doctor, but I have a plan, tell me what ya think

I am gonna stay up as long as I can, till I cant take it anymore, weither it be a day, 2 days a week, 2 weeks whatever then when I FINALLY do crash I should have no problem sleeping, thus regaining the sleep I have lost
Old 12-07-2006, 10:37 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

You do that and you will be sick.
Old 12-07-2006, 11:20 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

maybe but I am desprate so I will try ANYTHING
Old 12-07-2006, 12:51 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Try some Melantonin--its all natural you don't need a prescription and make sure you get sublingual (under the tounge). If it doesn't work, you've wasted $7.00. If it does, you'll sleep well. Make sure you take it about 1/2 hour before you are ready to go to sleep.
Old 12-10-2006, 08:24 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
President

Okay, I know I'm a little late. LOL!

I have also have insomnia. In my case, I've pretty much had it since I was young. It comes in spurts, and at times, if I don't take any preventative steps, I can be awake for atleast a week, and fully functioning. I'll eventually crash, and sleep for sometimes 30 hours straight.

With that being said, since I'm somewhat opposed to medications, because the medically prescribed kinds can be addictive, and the OTC kinds just don't work for me, I spent much time teaching myself to fall asleep.

I know it sounds bizarre, but this is what I do.......

I never take a shower or bath before going to bed (while in insomnia mode). It tends to awaken my body, making it harder to fall asleep.
I make sure my bed is made, and the sheets are clean.
I do not turn on the TV in my room.
I reserve my bedroom for sleeping.
If I lay in bed for more then 30 minutes, I get up, leave the room, and read a book.
I don't allow myself to nap during the day to make-up for missed sleep. This just leads into a poor sleep routine, and makes it harder to sleep at night.
I enforce a cut off time for myself for work, phone calls, computer, TV, etc. This allows my mind to be free of all those issues that I usually obsess on, that allow my mind to become restless.
I make sure the room is a little cold. For me, if it's too warm, I'm uncomfortable, and my body becomes restless. If it's cold, I'm more likely to want to be under the covers.
I keep my pets out of my room.
I avoid caffeine and nicotine before going to sleep, and if I cannot sleep, I do not allow myself to get up and have a cigarette or a soda or anything like that.

Finally..... I've developed a sleep routine, and have developed a soothing scenario to focus on when I close my eyes. For me, I picture a big, soft, cozy, clean, fresh bed with white sheets. I picture making the bed. The sheets flying in the air. Big fluffy pillows. A big, soft comforter, etc. I don't allow myself to think of anything but this. It's somewhat of a behavior modification technique, and usually signals my brain to go into sleep mode.

Hope those tips help. I know they're helped me.
Old 01-03-2007, 08:40 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

My doc gave me low dose trazadone. It is an anti depressant but in low doses it causes you to fall asleep.

Peace, Levi