Blogs

I really miss him!!

Old 05-31-2005, 07:08 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Learning as I go

I really miss him!!

It's been 9 days now since my dad died. I feel like it was yesterday. I don't think I have really processed this and accepted that he is gone. I wait for him to walk in the door or his truck to pull up in front of my house. I see the morning that my mom called. All the emergency vehicles at the house, red flashing lights. I know that it will get better but when? I was a daddy's girl and I feel like half of me has been ripped away. I just want to pull the covers over my head and wait until I can be with him.
Old 05-31-2005, 09:25 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

(((na4today))))
I am so very sorry for the loss of your dad. My heart and prayers go out to you, please if needed, PM me or just talk here as you need. I as well as others on this site are here for you.
Peace and Love to you--you have us to help you.
Wolfstarr
Old 05-31-2005, 10:41 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

(((na4today)))I am so very sorry for the loss of your Dad my heart and prayers go out to you and your family.....
love Lulu
Old 05-31-2005, 12:46 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Thirty

na4today

I recently lost my brother. I understand your grief. It will get better. Remember your dad is always with you. He's right there in your heart. Hold on to his favorite shirt or something. Use that as a security blanket. I have my brothers hooded sweat shirt. I use it when I need him around for something.

I am truly sorry for your loss.

Old 06-01-2005, 09:36 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Learning as I go

I have his chain and cross that I got him for christmas. He always wore it and so will I.
Old 06-01-2005, 10:00 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
It is what it is!!!

I am so very sorry for your loss. I can't say that it gets better, it just gets different, the whole in our heart that our dad's occupy (I was a daddys girl to) will always be there.

I was 17 when my dad died. It was so hard. For years when I was using I ws glad he was not here to see my life. I would go to his grave and apologize for my behaviour. then when I got clean almost 10 years ago I had to go through the grieving process of losing him that I never went through, it was one of the hardest things I have ever done. But it helped my spirit to grow and I believe it helped him to rest in peace better.

Right before he died he took off a St Christopher that he had and put it around my neck, I wore it day and night for a few years. When my using got really bad I took it off and put it away. I stil have it all these years later. It was pinned to my wedding dress when I got married last year, he was with me then and everyday.

I am sorry I did not mean to make this about me. I just know how you feel. The loss will always be there, the pain does get easier.
Talk tohim, write to him, I still do it all the time.

Huge hugs to you.
Old 06-01-2005, 03:52 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Learning as I go

Thanks Paulie, what you said was really nice. I needed to hear that. This was just so sudden and I am still in shock, I'm glad to know that it will get easier.

I'm sorry you lost your dad at such a young age, I can't even imagine how hard that was. But I will say that almost 10 years of being clean is awesome!

Thanks for the post!
kathy
Old 06-01-2005, 03:58 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
It is what it is!!!

(((Kathy)))
Old 06-20-2005, 04:31 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

SO sorry for your loss, and your pain. Stay with us here, we can help.
Big hugs to you.
mendingheart
Old 08-18-2005, 07:50 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Learning as I go

Almost 5 months and I still can't get it that he is gone. I miss him so much it hurts!
Old 08-18-2005, 08:01 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I hear you (((Kathy)))

It's been over 6 months now since I lost my son and it knocked me to my knees.

MG once posted that grief gets a lot worse before it gets better. I've found this to be true.

love and hugs,

deedee
Old 08-18-2005, 08:48 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
It is what it is!!!

(((Kathy))) (((deedee)))
Old 08-19-2005, 04:33 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Thinking of you kathy - it's been ten months here .... and argree w/ Dee Dee- my pain got worse before it improved. I feel a little relief but the pain still hits hard at times. I can listen to music a little- mostly MPR and classical- but still some things and activities are too much. Be gentle with yourself- knowing your limits and reminding others is good and do some good things that comfort you.
lots of love,
Angela
Old 08-19-2005, 05:03 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

((Kathy))) Im so sorry.My condolances.Take a look at this thread (turn your speakers up) http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ad.php?t=46632 It might bring a few tears,but they will be good ones.It has some lyrics and on the 4th post it tells the story of the song being written.If you like the song and want I can E-mail it to you.I think Paulie has a copy too.hang in there.
Old 08-27-2005, 06:48 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Hello. I understand what you r going through and I am sure a lot of others do too. I lost my grandfather when I was about 8 (now im 14) so its been about 4 years and I still cry whenever I think about it and 2 years ago I almost lost my father and whenever I think about that I start cryin it is very hard for me somtimes but I also just sometimes sit and wish I could be with him again. I used to spend every weekend with him and loved him so much. He had cancer for two years before he died and didnt know it untill about 3 months before he died. I am sorry for your loss and I know I am very fortunate that I didn't lose my father 2 years ago. I hope it gets easyer for you.
Old 08-30-2005, 06:46 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

kathy, sorry to hear about your loss! I lost my father and at the time of his death i was in my addiction. i missed the last days that i could have spent with him. when i got clean a therapist suggusted that i write him a letter, take it to the grave and burn it.
(it's a way of mailing it) it helped alittle. but with time it does get better.
Old 09-03-2005, 01:05 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Originally Posted by na4today
I have his chain and cross that I got him for christmas. He always wore it and so will I.

I, too, have my father's chain/cross he received from a mens retreat he went to with his church and wore every day. I also have been wearing it since the day he died (Aug. 4th)...this weekend will be one month and I still can't believe he is not here.

Thank you for sharing with us.....I am sorry for your loss ...sending hugs
Old 03-28-2006, 09:15 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Learning as I go

Happy bithday Dad I love you

Old 03-28-2006, 03:11 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Still learning; ever grateful

Hi Kathy. So sorry for your loss. I didn't even read that back in May - I'm sorry, hon. you are in my thoughts and prayers today and always.

p.s. My dad's bday would have been yesterday....so I feel your pain, my friend.

Hugs,
DG
Old 04-28-2006, 08:08 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Unhappy Ur fathers loss

Originally Posted by na4today
It's been 9 days now since my dad died. I feel like it was yesterday. I don't think I have really processed this and accepted that he is gone. I wait for him to walk in the door or his truck to pull up in front of my house. I see the morning that my mom called. All the emergency vehicles at the house, red flashing lights. I know that it will get better but when? I was a daddy's girl and I feel like half of me has been ripped away. I just want to pull the covers over my head and wait until I can be with him.

Hey I now how ur feeling my dad had passed away 6 years ago, and i truly miss him 2. It is very difficult because my father didnt live with me he lived in another state and i had only seen him every summer. So im sorry to here ur loss if you need help with anything feel free 2 im me at volcombabe_2008..thats on ***** or on aim at flirtybirdy327...im here to help you and talk you threw it if you need it. since i have gone through this before..and i greatly miss my father very much too. alrighty ull get through this i promise..just dont think about it to much

and e mail me alrighty at the ***** sn ..byes

Im sorry again.