Blogs

The loss of a loved one

Old 08-31-2013, 05:32 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Question The loss of a loved one

Hello all,

A few years back i lost my uncle, now my uncle was not just my uncle he was also my best friend, he raised my son, (chase thinks he was dad and my aunt was mom), and he was very close to my dad. My drinking got really bad when i heard the news. He jackknifed his truck and wreck on his last load of the night. The semi caught fire. I still have night mares about this, i still have not properly dealt with this. I catch myself wanting to call him, talk to him. He passed over 2 years ago. I am sober know, i am scared to face the true full reality that this man is gone forever. From my life, from my sons life. Ron was my little boys idol. Daddys boy. Chase absolutely adored him. As do i, my dad, and my aunt. I try to write to him in a diary, but stop because it hurts. I am not sure where to start this. I have never dealt with the loss of someone well, so this is just step one to many. And suggestions will be grateful.
The Following User Says Thank You to freespirit86 For This Useful Post:
ladybug77 (09-01-2013)
Old 09-01-2013, 09:13 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

My deepest condolences to you on the loss of a wonderful loved one. I have no advice as I am going through a similar situation but I think the writing to him in a journal is a wonderful idea. It is going to hurt, but perhaps through the pain you will find the peace you seek? It sounds as if there are many good memories of him to be shared with your aunt and your son. Hang on to those memories and honor him by continuing your own personal growth, I would think that is what he would have wanted from you and for you. Again, I am sorry for your loss.